#017 Pidgeotto

Pidgeotto, the Bird Pokémon. The evolved form of Pidgey. Pidgeotto is a powerful flier capable of carrying prey several miles to its nest. It has amazing vision, which helps it locate preferred prey Pokémon. It has been seen preying on Caterpie. Pidgeotto claims a sprawling territory of more than 60 miles, which it defends fiercely. Its nest is usually in the centre of its territory and it circles its territory throughout the day, looking out for food and intruders. It is most often found in forests.

After a satisfying training session between Ivysaur and Wartortle with only Normal-type moves such as Tackle, Nurse Isabelle rewarded her Pokémon by brushing them by hand. Ivysaur was easily pleased and soon took off to nap in the sun, but Isabelle was quite busy by brushing Wartortle's tail just right. Izzy didn't mind. If her Water-type wished to be concerned about her hygiene, then that's okay with her.

Her backpack stood against a tree in which a lot of medicine and healing berries were stored, along with personal items such as ribbons to tie her braid with.

On the exact moment Izzy finished brushing Wartortle's tail, something swooped by and snatched her bag from underneath the tree, flying off with the rather heavy backpack.

"Hey!" Isabelle called out, indignant, which woke up Ivysaur from his sun soaked nap. Izzy leaped up, together with Wartortle. "There goes our food! Get that bird!"

Ivysaur, bless him, immediately jumped up and started chasing the strong Flying-type Pokémon. Even Wartortle ran after them, not wishing to be left behind, probably. Like that, the three of them dashed after the bird that was stealing the backpack.

"Wartortle, Water Gun. Ivysaur, Razor Leaf!" Isabelle commanded. Her Pokémon may not be in their top shape as fighting Pokémon but weighed down by the bag, the bird should make an easy target if it didn't get too far away.

Eventually, it was Wartortle who managed to bring it down with a well-aimed Bubble. The bird crashed down, dropping her bag, and turned around, ready to fight. Upon closer inspection, Isabelle saw it was a Pidgeotto. This was surprising because Pidgeotto usually weren't strong enough to carry such a bag, but this one apparently was.

"Wartortle, Bite! Ivysaur, stand by to get my bag back with your vines." Isabelle ordered. The Bite went great but Pidgeotto retaliated with a Peck, which hurt Wartortle. While those two fought, Ivysaur reeled her bag in, getting what they came from. Now, the Pidgeotto must be defeated because it was clear he would not give up.

"Wartortle, Rapid Spin!" That made a nice hit. Bashing into the bird at full speed while rotating withdraw in her shield, her Water-type managed to slam the bird against a nearby tree.

Wasting no time, Isabelle chucked a Pokéball that way to catch such an extraordinary Pidgeotto. And indeed, after a few tense wiggles, the ball pinged and Pidgeotto was caught.

"All right! Good job, Ivysaur, but especially well done, Wartortle. You did great!" Isabelle cheered.

After patching up Wartortle, Isabelle let out Pidgeotto from his ball to introduce herself and have him meet the team.

"All right, Pidgeotto. Firstly, no more stealing. Understood?" The bird cooed at her, seriously. "I am Isabelle. I am a travelling Pokémon Nurse. These are Ivysaur and Wartortle. We're a team from now on and I expect you to get along. Your duties as a member of this team involve listening to me whenever I command you to do something and occasionally parcel service. Only when we work as a team can we help Pokémon in need. Okay?" Ivysaur, Wartortle, and Pidgeotto nodded. "All right! Welcome to the team, Pidgeotto."