#040 Wigglytuff

Wigglytuff, the Balloon Pokémon. The evolved form of Jigglypuff. It is covered in pink fur with a white underbelly and ear tips. This fine layer of fur is so soft that those who touch it, including other Wigglytuff, will not want to stop. Its body is soft and rubbery, allowing it to inflate by inhaling. While it is inflated, it is able to move by bouncing or floating. Wigglytuff can be found in vivid green plains and grassy fields.

The sun had long since set and Nurse Isabelle and her team were getting ready for bed. They'd gotten a four person, bunk bed room, so each of her Pokémon could have their own bed for once. On the two bottom beds, Ivysaur and Wartortle would be staying. Ivysaur was already asleep under the bed Isabelle would sleep on as the young nurse finished brushing Wartortle's tail. Brushing her own, long hair through, Isabelle looked at Pidgeotto through the mirror, who stood watch on the other top bunk. Her lips curled into a smile when she saw his eyes drooping. It's been a long day for them all.

As Isabelle casually brushed through her blond hair, she heard voices outside her door. It was faint, but she'd recognise one of those voices anywhere. Putting down her brush, Isabelle swung a robe over her Raichu pyjamas and headed outside. Her bare feet made no noise on the tiles of the Pokémon centre they were staying in.

In the main lobby of the centre, a girl stood with her back towards Izzy, talking to both Nurse Joy and a pinkish Pokémon that stood on the ground. Walking up to the sandy-haired girl, Izzy placed one hand on her hip and said in her best authoritative voice:

"So, where have you been?"

The girl leapt into the air, startled. Whatever she'd wanted to say, Izzy would never know, because the moment the girl turned around, she recognised Isabelle. With a shriek, she launched herself at Izzy, hugging her tightly. Grinning, Isabelle hugged her back.

"It's been a while, Wendy Foxglove."

Later, Isabelle and Wendy both sat on chairs in Izzy's room, talking quietly under the watchful eye of Pidgeotto. The golden blonde pointed out her Pokémon which she had partnered up with since the start of her journey, while Wendy introduced her to her own Pokémon, Wigglytuff. The Balloon Pokémon obediently sat on Wendy's lap as she explained that she'd adopted it for their amazing ability to soothe a Pokémon. Their singing was great for calming agitated Pokémon and their fur was incredibly soft when taken care of properly. Isabelle had to agree her Wiggly looked amazing. She was so well-mannered and kind, just like Wendy. Wiggly and Wendy, Isabelle joked, causing both girls to giggle.

Then, on a more serious note, Isabelle told her of her own life. Of how hard it was to keep on travelling, always looking for Pokémon in trouble. How she started visiting the gyms to make sure they treat their Pokémon properly. And Isabelle told Wendy that she had met someone. That certainly got the gentle girl's attention.

"His name is Dominic. I met him and his Raichu recently, near Bill's lighthouse." Isabelle sighed as she thought of him.

"You don't sound so happy..." Wendy said.

"It's just that I'm very conflicted. I really like him. He makes me laugh and eases whatever burden I'm carrying at the moment..."

"But...?"

"But it'd be impossible to date him. I won't settle down. I'll keep on being a travelling nurse until I can walk no more. That's hardly ideal to date a guy."

"But you said he's a traveller, too, right? It could work out when your paths cross and maybe even travel together if he doesn't mind."

Isabelle nodded slowly, mumbling something affirmative.

After talking a bit more, the nurses hugged and said goodbye. Wendy would be staying in a different room. Isabelle knelt down to hug Wigglytuff, too. A friend of Wendy's is a friend of hers.

"Follow your heart, Isa."

After that bit of advice, given by Wendy, she left the blonde's room to allow them to get some sleep