#151 Mew

#151 Mew

Mew, the New Species Pokémon. Mew is said to have the DNA of every single Pokémon contained within its body, and as such is able to learn any attack. Upon the rare times it had been seen, it showed signs of intelligence, curiosity, playfulness, and even selflessness. Mew is incredibly adaptable, able to travel freely in the air or underwater. According to one observer, it can create a green/yellow/pink orb of energy around itself for protection. Reports found in Cinnabar Island's Pokémon Mansion note scientific expeditions that have sighted Mew in Guyana, South America, the place where it was first discovered. Since Mew can make itself invisible at will, very few people have knowingly seen it, leading some scientists to declare it extinct and most to assume it to be a mirage. It will only show itself to a person who is pure of heart.

As dawn broke upon the horizon, Nurse Isabelle explained what came back to her from her time with Giovanni and Mewtwo. The memories were hazy, but they had spoken of cloning the mother of all Pokémon, Mew, to create a new Pokémon. It was supposed to be the most powerful Pokémon on Earth and it seemed, from what Dominic told her, that they had succeeded. "They" were Team Rocket, the same ones Lance had told them about. That Giovanni was their leader had come as a real shock to Isabelle, who had met the guy several times. He was intimidating and unsettling, but she had not believed him to be evil.

Isabelle felt a little dizzy and weak, but there was no time to rest. The laboratory behind them was collapsing: large chunks of the ceiling fell, bringing pieces of walls down with them. The clouds of dust hurt their eyes and they were in constant danger of being crushed by the debris. Moving as close to the rocky beach as they could, Dom and Izzy surveyed the sea in front of them. The storm Dom had described had finished raging and the sea was calmer now. However, land was still not visible. Isabelle ran a hand through her hair, frustrated she had neither Pidgeot nor Dewgong with her.

"Oh there you are! I was worried for you!" Dominic exclaimed behind her, causing the exhausted nurse to turn around. She was silent for a moment as her boyfriend hugged the sickest Dragonite she had ever seen. When he proudly told her of how this Dragonite had flown him to this island, she burst:

"Are you insane?! Can you not see he's in a terrible shape? Poor darling. What happened to you?"

Dragonite and Dom both flinched at the harshness of her voice, which also cracked a few times.

"Hey, now. Listen to me, Izz. I know just as well that Dragonite needs desperate medical care. However, you were missing! He had a holo-pic of you. He knew where you were and was willing to take me. I did not force him to do anything! I want to help him as much as you, but saving you is my first priority, and Dragonite's too." Behind him, Dragonite nodded.

Pursing her lips, she knew he was right. Still, cranky from exhaustion as she was, she was not ready to admit that and apologise. Instead, she carefully approached the Dragonite, rubbing her hands over his dried out, cracked scales. She was careful not to touch the cuts, only inspecting them for infection. Luckily, they weren't infected, merely filthy from dust and ragged from lack of proper care.

"Poor sweetheart," she whispered. The young nurse used endearments more often for her patients. It both settled them and felt right to use, in the way Izzy had seen some women call every baby and child by endearments. "I can't begin to imagine how you feel." As she inspected his poorly healed broken wing, she had an idea, though it wasn't a good one. "Dragonite? I need you to fly us back to the mainland. To where you found Dominic. There, I can treat you. We'll wash you, feed you, and make you feel better. You can stay with us as long as you wish, and when you feel healthy enough to leave, you may."

Dominic looked up in surprise. First Isabelle had chastised him for flying on an injured Dragonite and now she wished to do the same? Though, when he thought about it, they didn't have a single other option. If Isabelle hadn't been found in the while she had been missing, they would not be found either.