#022 Fearow

Fearow, the Beak Pokémon. The evolved form of Spearow. Fearow's large wings and stamina allow it to fly for an entire day without landing. It will shoot upward, and then dive down to catch prey. Its long neck and beak allow it to pluck prey from both land and water, and it will even catch tiny insects that hide underground. Fearow is found in wastelands and desolate fields.

Today was a bit windier than normal. Autumn had come. Nurse Isabelle had tied her hair tightly into her accustomed braid to prevent it from going everywhere. Her sneakers made crunching sounds over the fallen leaves and snapped branches. Despite the weather, Isabelle enjoyed herself. The sound of the wind rustling the branches and remaining leaves was one of her favourite sounds of nature.

This sound was interrupted by two others. The first was the frightened squealing of a Caterpie, accompanied by the angry roaring of a bird. A Fearow, Isabelle guessed from its cry. And indeed, when she came closer, the massive bird was pecking away at a tree from which the shrieking of the Worm Pokémon could be heard.

No matter how much it pained her, this was nature. Birds eat bugs, after all. However, something unexpected happened. With a gigantic swing, Fearow dug his beak deeply into the hollow tree in which Caterpie was hiding, resulting in him getting stuck. Taking his chance, Caterpie snuck out of the hole, made a show of climbing over Fearow's body, got blown off, rolled a bit, rightened himself, and slithered off. Furiously, Fearow flapped his mighty wings, causing tiny gales to whip up the leaves from the ground.

Isabelle ran to the agitated bird, eager to help. With ease, the bird made a mess of her hair as she tried to avoid those powerful wings.

"Calm down! Calm down! I'll get you out of there. Don't make me call Ivysaur to use Sleep Powder on you," she warned. That seemed to calm the bird down a little. He still made angry sounds, muffled by his closed beak, but did not flap his wings as much. His body was tense in anger, though.

Wrapping her arms around his feathered body, Izzy helped tug him free, careful to support his neck. Such a long, thin neck couldn't be strong. After a few mighty tugs, he finally shot free of the hollow tree. As Izzy fell on her bottom on the ground, the Fearow spread his wings and soared off.

"Well, you're welcome," Isabelle huffed, brushing the stray strands of hair out of her face, before getting up and continuing on her way again.