#142 Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl, the Fossil Pokémon. Due to the sharp appearance on Aerodatyl's fangs, it is theorised to be a carnivore. Its talon-like feet are capable of scooping up and tightly clutching its prey in flight. Its serrated fangs and ferocious attitude are very imposing, and it is said to be capable of effortlessly ripping out enemies' throats. – Nurse Evergreen

It'd been a small while since Nurse Isabelle had given the Tauros she captured in reflex to Dominic Whitewater. Now they finally managed to meet up again. As the summer was ending, both grew busier with their work, so meeting up was proving more difficult every time. Recently, Dom had texted Izzy a picture of his Tauros, mentioning he's managed to train it some and that he wished to meet up with her. He'd ended the text message saying he missed her, which had nearly melted her heart.

The place where they had chosen to meet had the most luscious grass Izzy had ever seen. Riding on Ponyta's back, Isabelle slowly explored the area, enjoying the quiet moment. Having had Ponyta for a few months now, the young nurse rode rather confidently, despite having been a beginner when she caught the blue-maned Ponyta.

From further up the road, something whipped up a cloud of dust with a thundering sound. Ponyta underneath her became a little nervous and retreated further into the tall grass to get out of the way of that which was fast approaching. Pidgey flew up terrified and Rattata dashed away to prevent being trampled by Ponyta's hooves.

As the freight train got closer, Isabelle could see what it was. A Tauros slowed to a stop in front of the grass, carrying a dishevelled-looking Dominic on his back. He had dressed accordingly, with a pair of riding trousers and a red flannel shirt. He genuinely looked like Johtian Safari Zone resident he was. Izzy, on the other hand, wore a dark-blue polo shirt and standard riding trousers for women which hugged her hips wonderfully, if she said so herself.

"Hey there, Izz. Good to see you. You look amazing. Wanna race?" Dominic grinned at her, lining his impatient Tauros up. It took quite a lot more convincing to get Ponyta to stand next to him. Whereas Tauros seemed entirely ready to race, Ponyta didn't look so sure. However, when the starting sign was given, Ponyta dashed off first, as if to get away from the intimidating Tauros as fast as possible.

As they ran, something peculiar happened. Something Dom and Izzy would talk about for weeks. Instead of acting like his usual, jerkish self, Tauros' entire demeanour changed as he ran with Ponyta. He seemed almost careful. Ponyta, in turn, ran better than she ever had, as if she had not a care in the world. The elegant, fiery steed ran in sync with the rough, wild bull.

This balance was ruptured when an unfamiliar Pokémon flew over. The shrill scream caused Ponyta to buck startled and Tauros stumbled. In the tall grass to their side, the dragon-like Pokémon descended, sending ripples through the grass from the might of his wings. He didn't quite land, only beat his huge wings to suspend himself a short way up.

"Lance! Mate, how are you?!" Dominic shouted over the roaring wind. Isabelle was too scared by the Pokémon to notice who was riding it. No matter how often she'd seen its image or studied its anatomy, an Aerodactyl was a terrifying Pokémon.

"Hey, you guys! Sorry for dropping in on you like that. You should come and visit me soon! I have something of use for you, I think," Lance called out. His red hair wasn't restrained and waved wildly in the wind his Aerodactyl whipped up. Ponyta nearly bucked again but Tauros rubbed his snout against hers, which effectively calmed her.

"Will do! Now get out of here. You're scaring my Ponyta!" Isabelle yelled, making a shooing motion with her hands. Lance laughed and roared at Aerodactyl to fly again.