#103 Exeggutor

Exeggutor, the Coconut Pokémon. The evolved form of Exeggcute. Exeggutor originally came from the tropics. Its heads steadily grow larger from exposure to strong sunlight. It is said that when the heads fall off, they group together to form Exeggcute.

On the main square of Celadon City, several Exeggutor were tramping around. Whether they were lost or meant to be there, no one knew for sure. However, the fact remained that they were there.

Occasionally, they left their group to go each their own way, trampling through the town with the forward facing egg grinning broadly. Already, several police officers and their Pokémon were trying to herd them out of town. Nurse Isabelle merely watched; she was not from the police and would only get in the way.

Sitting on the edge of the fountain, Izzy watched an Exeggutor stumble over, before sliding down into a sitting position on the ground. His leaves were thin and tattered. His bark had seen better days as it was covered with cuts and signs of wear. This tree-like Pokémon might just be rather old.

As it sat down, it heaved a sigh and for a moment, it seemed as if all the heads turned sad. Isabelle merely offered it an Oran berry, to help it feel better. She wasn't entirely sure which head to give it to, but the closest one would do. It accepted the gift gratefully and munched in a thoughtful manner.

When it had swallowed, the Coconut Pokémon slumped over with a heaving sigh. One by one, his eggs fell off, bouncing off the stone ground before grouping together. Huddled closely, they watched the tree go silent.

Once, Isabelle would have reacted much more emotionally to the death of a Pokémon, but with experience, Izzy had learnt it was part of life. She was most of all curious about the eggs, which seemed to be Exeggcute. Did de-evolution just happen? The books had mentioned something vaguely like it, but to see it for herself was unexpected.

Making a note of it in her notebook, which already held many stories she had gathered about Pokémon, Isabelle kept an eye out for the Exeggcute, who seemed rather lost. Putting the pen and paper away, the young nurse stood up and beckoned the eggs to follow her.

Bouncing and chattering, Isabelle lead a curious parade towards the edge of town, where both Celadon Gym was and some tall grass began. These Pokémon should return to nature, after all.

However, Izzy did not think of the poor person who would discover a dead Exeggutor in the square, sitting against the fountain all slumped over.