#054 Psyduck

Psyduck, the Duck Pokémon. Psyduck uses mysterious powers but doesn't recall that it has used them. That is why it always looks puzzled. When it does so, this Pokémon generates brain waves that are supposedly only seen in sleepers. This discovery spurred controversy among scholars.

If looking for a nurse, the most logical place to look is a Pokémon centre. That's where Dominic Whitewater found the golden-haired young lady he had become so fond of. However, the Pokémon she was currently treating was not one he particularly liked.

Nurse Isabelle Evergreen had been doing some chores at the centre she was staying at when a Pokémon was brought in. It was a Psyduck with a very severe migraine. It was very common for these ducks to have a headache, but this poor little fellow was so confused, he kept walking against the walls and injuring himself.

She was sitting on one of the beds with the Psyduck in her lap when Dom entered the room. The guy was decently good-looking, enough for the Joy in the lobby to let him through when he asked for Isabelle. When Dom saw Izzy, he smiled warmly. Only that smile faltered and turned in a disgusted grimace when he saw she was cradling the whimpering duck in her arms.

"Oh come on. Psyduck are not that bad. Ever handled a Parasect? Those are gross. Not these harmless ducks," Isabelle chided him gently. Dom merely huffed.

"I can't stand them. That look on their faces... It gives me a headache."

Isabelle laughed, hugging the duck closer to her chest. The Psyduck, being entirely dry at the moment, had this really soft, downy coat all over its yellow body.

"So. What's wrong with it? How are you treating the little derp?"

Isabelle lightly frowned at him for calling the poor, helpless Psyduck a derp. "Psyduck got a severe migraine. I've given him a sedative to help him sleep it off. However, it works very slowly and if I let him walk around, he bumps into stuff. That's how confused he is. So I hold the sweetheart until he falls asleep" When she heard Dom scoff at the endearment, Isabelle grinned.

Dom sat down nearby, and the pair talked quietly for a while. Isabelle held the duck as he was slowly getting drowsy and eventually fell asleep with a very unflattering snore that caused Dom to snort. Ignoring that, Isabelle laid the Psyduck down on its bed and left the room with Dom.

As they both walked to the lobby where Isabelle would have to report in, Dom slid his hand in hers, holding it protectively, as if she needed protection from a horde of sleepy Psyduck. Nevertheless, Isabelle didn't mind one bit.

The Joy at the desk in the lobby grinned widely at the two. Isabelle was blushing furiously and glared at the Joy while Dom looked kind of proud to be holding her hand. He refused to let her go, no matter how bashful she may get, and only grinned wickedly at her. When Isabelle gave in, she had to admit it was actually kind of pleasant, once the sensation of Butterfree in the stomach was ignored.

Dom treated her to coffee and they spent their lunch break together. After that, they each went their separate ways again after hugging each other briefly. This might have been a perfect moment to kiss, but Isabelle could not do it yet, due to a surge of shyness. Dominic merely smiled at her, fixing her with a gaze before letting her go entirely.

As she walked back to the centre, Izzy grumbled at herself. She'd faced an angry Charizard but could not act normally around the black haired Ranger. What was wrong with her?