#018 Pidgeot

Pidgeot, the Bird Pokémon. The final evolution of Pidgey and the evolved form of Pidgeotto. Its powerful wings are capable of stirring up windstorms in just a few flaps, and it may spread its wings to intimidate enemies. This Pokémon is capable of flying faster than the speed of sound. Its plumage is often described as beautiful, making it a popular choice for skilled Trainers. Pidgeot typically dwells in forests with thick growth and large trees. It is known to prey on fish, which it can spot from great heights.

Because of the forceful manner Pidgeotto was captured with, Nurse Isabelle announced a training afternoon. So as Ivysaur napped again (he could be so lazy), and Wartortle refused to come out of her ball today, Isabelle was trying to bond with the courageous bird, seeing what he could do. After testing his speed and attack power, Isabelle decided that he was skilled enough to learn Aerial Ace.

Finding thick branches, Isabelle swung them up for Pidgeotto to cut through with Aerial Ace. They worked together like that, until, in the early part of the afternoon, a shadow passed over the two of them. Since the sky was clear, Isabelle looked up to see what might have caused this shadow. A massive bird flew over them and landed not far away, revealing it had a rider. The man dismounted the bird and together, they approached Isabelle, Pidgeotto, and the dozing Ivysaur.

The bird the man rode was a Pidgeot, the evolved form of Pidgeotto. It was absolutely gorgeous with its colourful feathers. And the man looked not bad either. He was taller than Isabelle and had a slender frame. He seemed in great control of his body since he did not move clumsily at all. He wore a simple white shirt and black trousers. Nothing too fancy but convenient for travelling.

"Hello there! I couldn't help seeing you and your Pidgeotto," he started with a brilliant smile. "Do you mind if we join you?" His smile worked contagiously and Isabelle found herself inviting him over and introducing him to Pidgeotto and Ivysaur, who was still sleeping. One would expect Isabelle worked him too hard from the amount of naps he took.

"Nice to meet you, the three of you. I'm Dominic Whitewater and this is a Pidgeot I rented to get from Celadon City to Cinnabar Island."

As Dominic and Isabelle sat down next to the sleeping Ivysaur, with Izzy petting the Grass-type, Isabelle talked about her job as a travelling nurse. Dominic seemed enthusiastic about it, so Izzy told him about Charmeleon and where she is now. The smile on his face warmed her heart.

"That's amazing, for her to find someone to take care of her like that. I currently have no Pokémon on me. Mine is still at home, because a thunderstorm would pass over there in my absence and she wishes to be there when it happens. She loves thunder." That made Isabelle smile at him.

Pidgeotto and Pidgeot were playing in a peculiar manner. It seemed they were trying to outdo each other, which was a tad unfair since Pidgeotto wasn't fully evolved yet. But despite this, Pidgeotto seemed to be able to keep up pretty well to Pidgeot, only losing on the speed department. He will be an amazing Pidgeot when it is his time to evolve.

Next to her, Dominic looked at his watch and saw the time. He kissed her hand and rose from the grass. "I am terribly sorry, Miss Nurse, but I must go to be in Cinnabar before the sun sets. I hope to see you again." He took a quick bow, headed over to Pidgeot and took off.

Staring after him, Isabelle stood facing the direction he went long after he was gone. Ivysaur found her like that, causing him to be confused to what he missed.

- I. S&:{/'