#128 Tauros

Tauros, the Wild Bull Pokémon. Tauros is a violent, rowdy Pokémon that whips itself into a frenzy using its three tails. Once it starts charging, it is unable to stop or change course until it hits something. It lives and travels in herds on plains and grasslands. It will lock horns with others of its kind, and the herd's protector takes pride in its battle-scarred horns.

With a heavy heart, Nurse Isabelle left Celadon City. She'd come here so often that she did not need to look where she was going. She knew the sandy paths off the main road, leading past lush fields of corn and wheat. When the new training season began, this fall, the crops would be harvested. As a young girl, she loved to watch the farmers work the land with their Tauros. They seemed like such noble beasts, so obedient and helpful. Speaking of Tauros, rumour had it a herd of wild ones roamed these fields. Isabelle had yet to see them, though.

However, things felt a bit uneasy. There was a restlessness in the air that made Izzy look around more attentively. The people walking hurriedly towards the big city. One woman even bumped into her in her hurry.

"What are you standing there for, you daft girl? Get out of here!" The woman snapped before leaving in a rush. There had been a slight hint of panic in her voice. Confused, Isabelle looked around, searching for the source of their fear. Ignoring the woman's advice, she continued on against the stream of people. Leaving the shelter of the trees completely, all that was in front of her were the fields of the farmers. However, instead of a tranquil, picturesque scene, something felt wrong.

At the houses in the distance, people summoned their Pokémon back and locked themselves in their houses. Children were called back and laundry was hurriedly brought in. It was as if they prepared for a storm.

A loud bellow disturbed the calm before the storm. To her right, a Tauros stood in the field. How Isabelle had not noticed him before, she did not know, but she was hyper aware of him now. Threateningly, he scraped the ground with his hoof, completely uncaring of the crops he was destroying. Then, with another bellow, he charged.

Isabelle shouted a curse for which she would be firmly scolded by her mother, and dove to one side. Tauros could not turn very suddenly, which was her only chance. Summoning her most battle-lustful Pokémon she had, she called upon Pidgeot.

"Stop him!" She shouted, pointing at the bull that once again charged at Izzy. With very few moments to spare, Isabelle dove out of the way again, getting very filthy in the dirt of the sandy path she was on. Pidgeot fought bravely as was customary with him; he tackled Tauros' side and slashed at his legs with his wings and talons. Still, the bull would not stop.

Then Isabelle had a crazy idea. She did not have time to think about it properly, but she grabbed the empty Pokéball on her belt and tossed it at the charging bull before diving aside again. The ball sucked him inside and wiggled violently for several long minutes. When Pidgeot descended next to Isabelle to check on his human, the ball was still wiggling, though only weakly. A click and then silence.

"What am I supposed to do with such a Pokémon?" Isabelle asked no one in particular, running her hand through her messed up hair. As she picked up the Pokéball containing a very angry Tauros, people surrounded her, congratulating her on her catch and thanking her from rescuing them from that beast. Apparently, Tauros had been difficult for over a month. Isabelle smiled kindly at all the people around her and even accepted the offer of a cup of tea at someone's house. Still, Tauros' ball felt very heavy in her hand.