#090 Shellder

Shellder, the Bivalve Pokémon. At night, this Pokémon uses its broad tongue to burrow a hole in the seafloor sand and then sleep in it. While it is sleeping, Shellder closes its shell, but leaves its tongue hanging out.

A while ago, Dominic Whitewater had asked Nurse Isabelle to keep the first weekend of June free and meet him at the beach of Cinnabar Island. Just after the summer, there would be many competitions of those who battled Pokémon competitively and it would be a busy time for both. So this weekend was about relaxation.

Now used to Isabelle, Ponyta and her rider dashed over the beach around lunch time. Whatever fear the horse had originally had seemed gone in that moment. Together, they rode like the wind. The sun shone down on them pleasantly. Ponyta neighed excitedly at the feeling of the splatter of the ocean against her body and the sand under her hooves. Isabelle's curly hair was loose and waved behind her like a golden banner.

A bit further along the beach, there was a man standing in their way. Isabelle recognised him as Dominic, but Ponyta did not. She dug her feet into the sand to skid to a stop, reared, and fled in panic. As Dom rushed to help his girlfriend up, an orange flash dashed after the frightened horse.

"Are you okay? I did not mean for that to happen. I mean, I know you mentioned Ponyta's skittish, but this was more than I expected!" Dominic sounded so worried. It was adorable.

Isabelle brushed the sand off her flowery, summer dress. "Yeah, I am okay. This happens quite often, though not as much as it used to." She stopped brushing for a moment to notice her hands were trembling. "Ah. Panic reaction. I truly am okay," she said when Dom took her hands with both of his, rubbed them, before cupping her cheek and kissing her. She wrapped her arms around his neck, standing on her toes to be able to kiss him a little harder. When he pulled back, he grinned at her.

"I'm glad you're here."

"Me too. Now, where did Ponyta run off to?"

With the tiniest shock, Raichu managed to attract Ponyta's attention and made her stop running. The motherly electric mouse had been worried for the horse with the blue fire. Whatever they discussed together was unknown, but when Izzy and Dom stopped kissing, Ponyta calmly walked back to her rider with her head bent in shame, with Raichu sitting on her back. Ponyta rubbed her head against Izzy's chest, seemingly sorry for throwing her off. Affectionately, Isabelle hugged her back, whispering soothing things.

After a rather delicious lunch (since he apparently was a better cook than she was), Isabelle took off her dress, and took a Pokéball out of her backpack. Strutting in a bikini which was the same colour as Ponyta's mane, she summoned Dewgong into the water, who excitedly splashed around, calling out.

As she walked back to put the Pokéball back, Dom did not even pretend he wasn't staring at her behind. It made her a little self-conscious yet proud at the same time. While she knew she did not have the best body, since being a nurse did not allow her to eat healthily or regularly often, her body did look decent, with wide hips and a smallish chest that was called a pear figure.

"You look gorgeous," Dominic said before taking his own shirt off, revealing a toned torso. He was more tanned than her own milky skin, but when he approached her, wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her again, she forgot about her insecurities for a while.

As Ponyta and Raichu laid together in the sand, uncommonly close with each other, Isabelle, Dominic, and Dewgong played in the water. They had borrowed a beach ball that resembled a Master Ball from one of the stalls in town. The guy loaned it to them for free in exchange that they played with it where everyone could see them, to make business run smoother. Since that had already been the plan, the ranger and the nurse agreed.

When the ball flew too far, out to sea, Dominic climbed onto Dewgong's back to go and get it. Dewgong were rather a big species to start with, but it seemed that Isabelle's was particularly large. His back certainly was wider than Ponyta's was. Now that things were quiet, Isabelle heard a soft whimpering, coming from her right. Since Ponyta and Raichu were on her left, Isabelle left the water to find out what it was.

There, in the sand, laid a Shellder. It was that little thing that made the sad, whimpering noises. Upon approaching it, she saw that its tongue was unusually red. Holding the back of her hand near it, Izzy noticed it felt really hot. Shellder had a sunburn on his tongue.

"Raichu! My bag, please!" Isabelle called out and luckily for her, Raichu complied with an eager "Rai Rai!"

Gently, Isabelle stroked over Shellder's shell. "Don't worry, little one. I'll make it feel better. Ah, thank you, Raichu." The electric mouse had dragged her bag through the sand towards her. Inside, she found her berry pouch, where she took two berries from that each healed burns. With a knife, she cut them to pieces and fed the little bits to the Shellder. Already, it looked more active after the first berry, eagerly taking the bits from her hand now.

"You should feel entirely better soon, Shellder. Just be careful with the sun until you do, okay?"

"Shellder!" It replied in its adorably high voice.

"Good boy." Isabelle stood up and brushed the sand off her knees.

"You still have some here," a deep voice said from behind her, as a hand stroked across her ass, as though there was sand to remove.

Isabelle smiled. "How generous of you. Thank you for brushing it away."

"Mmm... my pleasure."