Color Struck

So guys I was having this discussion with my boyfriend about why is it, that most men, only see either super light women, mixed race women, or white women as attractive. Mainly, the exoticals folks use in stories on here. Those are the ones they find attractive.

Not saying that light skin women don't deserve love too. They do and it's not their fault they were born that way. But it seems to be no balance.

He made some interesting points.

One he said it's not that large percentage of men who do that. Otherwise no dark skin woman in America would be married. He said you think about your friends who are dark, don't they have men? I thought and that was a good point.

He said the bigger problem is that it seems to be the more successful men (meaning like famous men) which is a smaller percentage go for those type of women.

So the question is why do those men feel they need that?

He also talked about how dark skin men get looked over too by black women. He said think of the men you like, what's the darkest you ever liked or dated?

Other things that came up-

1.) some people consciously choose a Mate by color for breeding purposes or preference. For instance he told me Malcolm X, purposely married Betty Shabazz because she was dark. Although other things like her height and intelligence came into play. But some people just love who they love.

2. Some women only hang with mix friends. We discussed the  possible whys.

3.) a lot of this stems from slavery. When light skin slaves were taught they were more valuable than the dark.

We talked about a lot of things. But I wonder do you guys see colorism issues?

Do you think black men value lighter women over dark ones? If so why?

Do you choose only lighter men?

Do you think dark skin men get overlooked?

What about light skin men? There a lot of jokes about them. Do you think it's a double standard. What if the whole he acting light skin applied to women, would it not be wrong? So why do we do it to men?

What other issues do you see?