2. Campus Tour

Raquel

I stood in the shower trying to wash my stupid awkwardness away. I'm never this awkward or clumsy, but when I got around my coach, I couldn't help it. I've had a stupid crush on Coach Young since freshman year. I've been trying to make it go away, but it won't. It started off as a tiny little girl crush, but then it grew into a full on crush and I don't know what to do about it. I obviously can't act on it because she's like seven years older than me and she's my coach.

Plus she sees me as a clumsy dork and why would she want a clumsy dork when I'm sure men throw themselves at her? Oh yeah, that's another obstacle. She's straight. Fuck my life.

When I was done showering, I reached out to grab my towel, but then I realized that I forgot to get one from the closet that we had in our locker room. Fuck.

"Um, Dani?" I called out.

"Yeah?" She called back.

"Would you mind getting me a towel?"

I heard coughing from inside the locker room and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Are you okay out there?" I asked.

"Umm y-yeah. I'm getting your towel now." She said going to get my towel, I'm guessing.

I heard some shuffling, some banging, and a "Fucking shit!"

"Um h-here." Dani said, sounding like she was on the other side of the shower curtain.

"Did you fall down or something?" I asked poking my head out of the shower.

"Or something." She said holding the towel out for me.

"Thank you, Dani." I said smiling at her and taking the towel. I purposely let my hand touch hers as I was grabbing the towel. I pretended not to notice it happened and disappeared behind the shower curtain.

I knew Dani had a crush on me: either that or a very bad staring problem. When we weren't on the court during tryouts, her eyes were constantly on me. I could feel them burning a hole in my soul. Dani was cute, but I wouldn't dare date a freshman. We were four years apart. It wasn't anything compared to the seven year difference I had with my coach, but I had a thing for older women. Maybe Dani did too. We would never work. My coach and I would never happen either, but it's not like I can just make my crush go away.

At least the girl Dani is crushing on is actually gay. I have way more obstacles to get past than she does. My coach is my coach, she's seven years older than me, and she's straight. And she sees me as some little kid. Dani's only issue is that I like older women. She has it so easy.

I wrapped my towel around myself and stepped out of the shower. I had to keep myself from laughing when I saw that Dani was still standing in that same spot.

"Oh shit! I'm sorry." She said covering her eyes. The action made me break. I couldn't hold my laughter in anymore.

"You're acting like I'm naked." I said shaking my head at Dani's behavior.

"Towel or not, you're naked in my head." She said making my laughter stop.

"I'm just going to tell you before anything gets too deep or anyone gets hurt. This crush you have on me needs to be nipped in the bud fast. I'm too old for you and even if our age difference wasn't an issue, I like older women." I said waiting for a response.

Dani removed her hands from her face before speaking.

"We're only four years apart." She said with a frown.