14. Momma Don't Play (Skip to the very end of this ch.)

Excuse Any Errors

Daniella

I went into my room and dialed my mother's number. She had some explaining to do. How could she forget my birthday?

The phone barely even rung before my mother picked up.

"Mo-"

"You have exactly five minutes to get your fast ass up to these dorms or I'm coming down there and whooping your ass in front of who ever it is you've been staying with." The woman said and I knew from her tone of voice that she was dead ass serious.

Shit. I can't have Raquel finding out I still get whoopings. Hell nah. I'm out.

I don't even think Raquel saw me leave out of the apartment because I was running so fast. Knowing my momma, she was probably counting down right now.

Shit! I don't even have my I.D. card. I can't get in the building without scanning it.

I had to think had to think fast.

When I got to the dorms I looked through the glass doors and there wasn't a soul in the lobby. Seriously?! I looked down at my phone and started dialing Nadia's number. It seemed like the phone rang a thousand times before the girl picked up.

"Hey Dani Baby wh-"

"No time Nadi Baby, I need you to come downstairs and let me in. Like right this second. It's life or death." I said feeling my heart speed up. Damn damn damn. Has it been five minutes? I am not trying to get my ass whooped.

I sighed in relief when I saw Nadi basically running down the stairs in some SpongeBob pajamas. Matching slippers and all. She also had her usual messy bun in and like usual, she looked cute as hell.

The worried look on her face made me giggle. Could this girl get any cuter?

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" The girl said opening the door and examining me like a worried mother.

"No, I'm fine, I'm just trying not to get my ass whooped." I told the girl and she frowned.

"Who's girlfriend did you hit on? I told you some guys don't give a shit about your gender." The girl said pulling me fully into the dorms and letting the doors close before looking through them with another worried expression.

"I'm not being chased." I said laughing and pulling the girl away from the doors.

"Then what's wrong? Who's gonna whoop your ass?" The girl asked and it made me laugh even more.

"You're too damn cute." I said shaking my head and grabbing the girl's hand. We were definitely taking the stairs. If the elevator got stuck or something, my momma would still whoop my ass. She'll probably accuse me of getting it stuck on purpose because everyone knows I'm Dani, The Elevator Wiz.

"Where are you taking me?" The girl asked still letting me lead her.

"I have someone I think you should meet. And also, I need to use you as a shield." I said making a left once we got up the stairs.

"Who is it?" The girl asked.

"My mother." I said getting to my door and knocking on it.

"Get your little ass in- Oh hi." My mother said going from looking deadly to sweet in a matter of seconds when she saw Nadia. I knew bringing her along would be helpful.

Mommas are so damn fake.

"Um hi." Nadia said smiling shyly at my mother. Cute ass.

"Who's your friend?" My mother asked still wearing her fake ass nice smile.