44. Christmas

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Raquel

Christmas Day was finally here and I was both excited and nervous about giving Malaya her gift. I was going to wait until tonight to give it to her because it was really special to me and I knew I was going to get all sappy while giving it to her, so I want to avoid putting her on the spot. It's not guaranteed that she'll like it, so I'm also trying to keep my possible embarrassment and rejection private. God, I hope she likes it.

I know we just got together, but I really love Malaya. There's no speed limit on the highway of love. I'm sorry for being so corny, but it's the truth. I've known Malaya for three years and I never would have thought I'd be her girlfriend. If love can turn the girl that once hated you (even though she says she never did) into the love of your life, who's to say it can't develop at the speed of a wildfire? Is there even a such thing as falling too fast when it's with a person that makes your heart race just by the thought of them?

I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted millenniums with Malaya. We're too old to hop into a relationship that we only expect to be temporary. Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead, but when I think about my future, I can't see one without her in it. I can't even see a tomorrow without her in it. I want her there with me for everyday until I take my last breath. What's wrong with being sure about someone?

Malaya and I had just finished helping my mother set the table. My other family members were supposed to be coming in an hour or so. I was looking forward to seeing them since I hadn't spent a Christmas at home since I started college. All my family members knew that I liked girls so I wasn't nervous about them meeting Malaya. It also helps that she's awesome.

The only thing I was nervous about was giving her the gift I got her.

"I hate this sweater so fucking much."

Malaya was standing in my full length mirror with a disgusted look on her face.

I walked over to the mirror and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked, letting my chin rest on her shoulder.

"It's ugly." She grumbled.

"That's sort of the point." I pointed out.

Malaya's reflection glared at me and I just chuckled before placing a kiss on her exposed neck. She was wearing her hair up in a curly bun and I couldn't help but take advantage of that.

"You better not leave a mark." She spoke in a warning tone when I found a spot I liked.

I ignored my girlfriend and continued to suck and bite at the spot on her neck. She moaned and tilted her head back to give me more access causing me to laugh.

"I left a mark." I said tilting her head up so she could see her hickey in the mirror.

"I hate you so much."

Malaya turned around so we were face to face.

"No you don't." I spoke confidently as I pulled her closer to me by her waist.

She wrapped her arms around my neck before responding. "I do."

"May I now kiss the bride?" I asked being corny as usual, but it's okay because I made my girlfriend laugh.