49. Chaos and Tragedies (Part 1)

*In order to prevent confusion, there will be times before each point of view indicating when certain events took place. The times won't be in chronological order with each point of view, so if it goes from 1pm Cali time to 10am Cali time, don't be alarmed. I just want everything to make as much sense as possible.*

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

San Fransisco, CA
11:00am

Daniella

I feel like everything that was going on outside of basketball has been taking over. Our season has been going great. We were undefeated in our regular season and we'd only lost two games in our conference. That's why we were currently ranked #2.

Today was the day we played in the conference championship game against the only team we'd lost to and Coach was on edge. The practices leading up to this had been stressful. She was on our asses like white on rice. We'd done every defensive drill known to man and she still didn't seem satisfied.

Our offense was great and that's why it was the least of her worries. It was defense that killed us against this team both times we played them. They'd out rebounded us offensively and defensively and Coach was not happy about that.

We'd only lost by one point the second time as opposed to our 5 point loss the first time, but it was a missed box out by us and an offensive rebound by the other team that made the difference. Not to mention we had to crawl out of a twenty point hole. We can't let that happened today. We have to be focused and disciplined. We can't take any plays off or our season is over.

I felt pretty good about this game. I knew we could beat this team if we did what we had to do. If we play defense like we're supposed to we're gonna win. Defense wins championships right?

The arena we were playing in was in San Francisco, so we'd been staying in a hotel for the past four days. I was roomed with Jayla, of course. Even though she wasn't eligible to play yet, Coach still let her come with us since she's been practicing with us and stuff. She puts in just as much work as any of us, she just can't play yet.

"Man, I wish I could play today. It's torture just having to watch." Jayla said as we got ready to leave the hotel and head to the arena. We didn't play until later on in the day, but coach wanted us there early to go over stuff before walk through.

I think she was on edge because her parents were coming. Her dad used to be the head coach and she probably didn't want to disappoint him. I don't think he'd be disappointed in her if we lost, but I don't really know about her relationship with her dad. All I know is she's been on edge for like two weeks now.

"I feel you, bro, but don't stress about it. You'll be able to play next year." I tried to make Jayla feel better. "I know that seems like a long way from now, but the time will fly by."

"Man, now you know that's not true. Time goes by slow as hell when you want it to go by fast. I appreciate you trying to make me feel better though."

Jayla was in the mirror fixing her bow tie and making sure her outfit was neat. She dressed up with coach and the student assistants that helped with the team since she wasn't on our roster.

"How do I look?" She said turning to me and I licked my lips.

"Good enough to make me cuff you if my sister doesn't hurry up and do it." I joked.

"Shut up, dumbass." She said turning back to the mirror and messing with her curls.

Jayla's hair was growing pretty fast and the longer it got the cuter she became. She looked a little younger with longer hair. It was March now so she had going on five months of hair growth.