28. Bad Idea

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Jayla

"Jayla I'm saying this as your best friend that cares more about your well being than possibly hurting your feelings. With that being said, you are a dumb ass. Like a huge dumb ass. I expected this from Aniya, but not you. You're supposed to be the reasonable one in the relationship."

I was already hesitant about telling Dani about the whole Parker situation and I now I know I shouldn't have told her. Well, not yet.

"How am I dumb? Polyamory isn't the worst thing in the world." I rolled my eyes and Dani rolled her eyes too.

"This isn't about Polyamory. This is about stupidity. You, have a threesome with Parker once and now all of sudden you want to be in a relationship with her? She and Aniya literally just met. But they like each other? This is all happening a little fast don't you think?" Dani asked.

"We're not together, so no. We simply expressed how we felt. We're gonna take it slow. I honestly shouldn't have even told you. My bad for thinking I could talk to my best friend about my love life."

"You can talk to me about anything, but I'm not gonna kiss your ass. I'm gonna tell you exactly how I feel about it and if you don't like that then don't tell me shit else. The fuck? You want me to lie to you? You're my best friend, so I'm gonna be real with you no matter what and I expect you to do the same. Like I said, this shit is stupid, but do you." Dani shrugged.

I didn't really expect this reaction from her. I guess I'm so used to her being goofy and inappropriate that all I expected from her was threesome jokes.

"So you don't think this could work? Like not ever?" I asked trying to be more opened to Dani's take on things instead of getting offended. Granted she did call me a dumb ass, but still.

"That's not what I'm saying. I just feel like it takes time for feelings to develop. Had you come to me and admitted to having feelings for Parker alone, I would have reacted differently because you two have a friendship. You've spent time together and gotten to know each other. And I'm not gonna act like I haven't sensed that there were some sort of feelings between you two, but Parker and Aniya?" Dani said shaking her head.

"I know for a fact the only time they met in person prior to the little meeting you guys had was the threesome. How could they possibly have feelings this quickly? I'd be worried if I were you. Like damn, did you introduce Niya to her soulmate or some shit? Same with Parker. Judging by what you've told me, they developed feelings for each other the same day they met. That shit is not normal and I know you know it. That's fairytale bullshit."

I took Dani's words in and I couldn't even argue. She was right. This was my issue in the beginning. Before I knew about Parker's feelings, Aniya's feelings for Parker bothered me because she literally just met her. And now that I know the feelings are mutual, it's rubbing me the wrong way. But can I really be upset with Aniya when I like Parker too? This is too much.

"You're stressing me out." I said burying my face in my hands and Dani chuckled.

"Because you know I'm right. But look, you can let Parker and Aniya have each other and Nadia and I will date you. Problem solved." Dani said doing the normal Dani thing and making a joke.

"This isn't funny." I groaned.

"I wasn't kidding. You've dated Nadia and you've dated my twin, so you've basically dated me too. The only change would be that I'm the twin with the better head game. So you're really upgrading because I look better too."

"Dani, I'm serious. You can't stress me out and then make jokes. What do I do? Do you think that this will eventually lead to Aniya and Parker choosing each other and dumping me?" I asked and Dani shrugged.