27. Pizza and Chill

Sorry for any grammatical errors or mistakes.

Raquel

After winning our first game of the season, my teammates wanted to go out and celebrate. I didn't really want to go though because when my teammates go out, it always gets crazy. I don't understand how they can balance clubbing with sports. The drinking and the smoking, like how the hell do they still manage to perform so well on the court? I usually declined their offers and when I let them talk me into going out, I usually just sit down the whole time and regret coming. I'm just not the club type.

"So are you gonna come, Raqi? I know you don't like clubs, but you don't have to drink or anything."

That was always their line. "You don't have to drink or anything."  Like that would change my mind. Of course I don't have to drink. It's my choice. Just like it's my choice not to go.

"Nah, I'm gonna have to pass, but I hope you guys have fun." I kindly declined my teammate's offer.

"Okay girl. And you know we will."

After my teammates left the locker room, I was left alone. I usually stayed behind to make sure the locker room looked decent. I'd fix anything that needed fixing and then I'd go, but today something was out of place. Well a person was. Instead of everyone being gone, someone was still here. I heard a shower running. Right when I noticed that a shower was on, it stopped. And then outstepped Malaya. Thank God she was wrapped in a towel.

"Stop staring, you creep." She said catching me red handed. Or red eyed? I don't know. I got caught. Okay?

"I wasn't staring. I just wasn't expecting anyone to be in here. I thought everyone left." I defended myself.

Honestly, I was staring. I couldn't help it. Everything in me was being pulled towards Malaya as if she were a magnet, but I fought with myself to keep my cool. Her caramel skin glistened from the droplets of water that still sat upon it. Her curly hair hung damply past her shoulders and her face was slightly flushed from the steam of the hot water. Even with her towel on, I could see the curve of her hips. Her body was just perfect. She was glowing and succeeding in making every part of me weak.

"I'd believe you if you weren't still doing it." Malaya chuckled, revealing her dimples. Someone shoot me.

"Fine. I was staring. Sue me...actually I should sue you." I said making her laugh with a confused look on her face.

"For what?" She asked through a chuckle.

"For being so goddamn stunning." I spoke making her laughter catch in her throat.

I was worried that I might have made Malaya uncomfortable. She was practically naked and I'm sure I was looking at her like she was a piece of meat. And to top it all off, I had to say that. Get it together, Raquel!

"I didn't-"

"Don't take it back." She cut me off.

"Okay, well I did mean to say that." I said changing what I was originally planning on saying.

"Good." She said giving me a look that I couldn't read, in typical Malaya fashion.

"I'm gonna let you get changed. Just be sure to turn the lights off when you leave." I told her.

I couldn't stay in that locker room with Malaya any longer. I have never wanted to kiss someone so bad in my life. How long could I go on like this? Waiting for her to make a move? Putting the ball in her court was probably the stupidest thing ever. She'll never admit that she likes me. But I refuse to chase anyone else. I'm done being the sad little love sick puppy.