43. N.I.M.D.K

(AN: I'm really sorry if things are starting to seem random or rushed. I write whatever comes to my mind. Nothing is ever planned out, but the sequel will be more thought out, so please just bear with me. 😅 And thanks for 5k reads! ❤️😘)

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Jayla

Having stitches in my lip sucked. Not only did I look like shit, my face felt like shit. My mouth was aching and the pain pills I got weren't helping very much. I could only blame myself for this because I shouldn't have come at Aniya like that.

"You're not any less beautiful than you were before if that's why you've been glued to the mirror."

I jumped at the sound of Aniya's voice. I sort of forgot that the bathroom in my room was connected to Dani's room. Which is where Aniya slept.

"You're just saying that." Aniya slipped between me and the mirror so I couldn't my see my reflection.

"Look at me." The girl said, grabbing my face with her good hand, so I couldn't look past her.

"I'm looking at you." I said looking into the girl's eyes. Another difference between Aniya and Dani was that Aniya's eyes were a lighter shade of brown than Daniella's.

Aniya turned my face side to side like she was examining me and I tried not to be nervous about our close proximity, but it was hard.

"What are you doing?" I asked the girl and she finally stopped moving my face.

"I'm trying to find an imperfection, but I haven't come across any. I guess that means you're perfect." The girl said looking into my eyes and using her super powers on me.

"Stop." I said backing away from the girl. "Stop doing whatever it is you're doing. I like Mya."

Aniya raised her hands in surrender. "I'm not doing anything, but trying to get you to see what I see. Then again, if you saw what I see when I look at you, you wouldn't be humble."

Did this girl have a book of pick up lines or something?

"Stop flirting with me."

"Why? You feel your resistance breaking?" The girl asked licking her lips and making me shiver. Hopefully she didn't notice.

"N-No." I stuttered.

"Do I make you nervous?" The girl asked stupidly.

Duh bitch! You have super powers!

"Um, Jay, you have a visitor. I told her to come up, but she said she wouldn't be here long."

Thank God for Dani and my visitor that was obviously Mya, considering she's the only other person I know in this state besides the Fullers and Nadia.

I dashed out of the bathroom and down the stairs. Not because I was excited about my visitor, but because I was happy to get out of that bathroom with Aniya.

Mya was sitting in the living room when I got downstairs. She and Ms. Fuller were having a conversation, but they stopped talking when I made my presence known.

"I'll let you two talk." Ms. Fuller said leaving the living room.

"Hey." I greeted the girl and she gave me a weak smile in return.

"Hey."

There was an awkward silence, so I cleared my throat just to make some type of sound. She obviously came here for a reason, but she was just sitting there, playing with her fingers.