21. The Silent Treatment

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Raquel

Malaya was giving me the silent treatment and I hated it. It wasn't like before when she felt too guilty to speak to me. And don't get me wrong, I hated that too. This time however, she was genuinely upset with me.

I was to blame for that of course. I was an asshole yesterday. Like a major asshole. And then to top it all off, I said I was down with us having a threesome with the woman Malaya cheated on me with.

Why? You might ask.

Well, I just put myself in Malaya shoes. After simply spending a day with Sloan, I realized how much of a struggle working with someone like that must be. Like I said, Sloan is the walking epitome of temptation. She's like Satan or some shit. I don't know.

But if don't know how strong I'd be with someone like that constantly making passes at me and then going as far as kissing me. I obviously love Malaya and I know she loves me, but lust is a powerful thing. It's easy not to fuck up when no one is trying to make you and I'm not saying just anyone can make me fuck up if they're persistent enough, but Sloan is evil.

You know the "hoe powers" Daniella claims to have? Well, multiply that by ten trillion and then you have Sloan Carter in a nut shell.

I guess part of me is scared that Sloan was going to get Malaya to fuck up again eventually or she was going to use this trip to try to get me to fuck up, so why not let the inevitable happen on my terms. Mine and Malaya's of course. It's stupid when I really think about it, but hey. Sometimes people do stupid shit for what they feel like are good reasons at the time. This is one of those times.

Malaya was getting the tour of the new facility she'd be working in a year from now. It was a really nice place, but Sloan and I sat in the lobby while Malaya was being shown around. Well, we were sitting in the lobby, but Sloan said that Malaya would be a while and asked me if I wanted to go with her to a near by cafe to get something quick to eat. We would go get get an actual meal once Malaya was done with the tour and whatever else her future employers were trying to show her to impress her.

"So, did you two make a decision yet?" Sloan asked after taking a sip of the coffee she'd gotten.

"Well, she's not talking to me, so no. I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to though, and honestly, I don't either." I admitted and Sloan frowned.

"That's not the impression you were giving off yesterday." She said obviously wanting me to explain my sudden change of heart.

"I don't know exactly what it is you want from Malaya, but it doesn't seem like you'll stop pulling stuff like this until you get what you want. I figured if that was sex, I'd rather it happen on my terms than her giving into you again. The first time it was just a kiss, but-"

"Is that what she told you?" Sloan chuckled and I frowned.

"Yeah because that's what happened." I forced a laugh of my own.

"You know, this whole time, I was just thinking that you were a really forgiving person, but that's not even the case. She didn't tell you that we slept together?" Sloan asked and it felt like my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. There's no fucking way she's telling the truth.

"Did the room you shared have one bed or something?" I asked just trying anything at this point. Malaya wouldn't lie to me.

"Surely you're not that naive. But since that's the impression you're giving off at the moment, let me clear things up. I fucked Malaya."

Sloan must have thought I wouldn't kill her or something because she looked way too smug at the moment.

"You're lying." I said not letting any of my inner emotions show.