12. Legal

Peep the time jump. Sorry for any mistakes.

Daniella

The day I'd been impatiently waiting for had finally gotten here. I was finally legal! Well, I still can't drink, but I can vote and fuck older women without having to worry about them going to jail, so yay! I was chilling with Gio, Chastity, and Nadia since they were the only friends I'd made so far. We were all at Gio's apartment. He was probably the only freshman on campus with an apartment because his parents had connections.

"How does it feel to be 18?" Nadia asked as she walked over to where I was sitting on Gio's couch. I just shrugged.

"I don't feel any different. I'm legal though, so that's good, but I'm not really big on birthdays." I said pulling the girl into my lap and wrapping my arms around her.

"Why are you always touching me?" The girl asked laughing and trying to escape my hold, but I just held on tighter.

"I don't know. I just need to be making some type of physical contact whenever I'm near you. You're my bestie. Show me some love ma." I said pouting and the girl just rolled her eyes.

"I swear you're such a baby." The girl said getting comfortable in my lap.

"But I'm your baby." I said and Nadia scrunched up her face.

"That shit is dead." The girl said laughing.

"Get off of me then. Mean ass." I said pushing the girl off of my lap and she flipped me off before walking over to where Gio was.

"Happy Birthday Dani." Chastity said sitting beside me.

"You've told me that like ten times, if you don't take your scary ass over there and talk to Gio already. He already knows you like him." I told the girl.

"You and Nadia talk too damn much." The girl said punching my shoulder and I just laughed.

"I didn't say shit. I was just around when they were talking about it." I said holding my hands up.

"Ugh. I can't just talk to him. He is too damn fine girl." Chastity said resting her head on my shoulder and I just laughed.

My birthday may have seemed pretty lame to anyone else, but this is what I like. In highschool I used to throw parties and stuff, but none of the people that showed up were there for me. None of them were my real friends. I would rather spend my birthday with a few real friends than a bunch of fake motherfuckers.

"You really have no reason to be scared. He's feeling you too." I told the girl and I felt her tense up.

"Nuh uh." The girl said not believing me.

"Fine, don't believe me. Just know that if you keep acting scared, some other girl is just going to come steal him away from you."

"I could tell you the same thing about Nadia." The girl said and I rolled my eyes.

"Not this shit again. I'm not feeling Nadia like that. She's my best friend." I said wishing the girl would get it through her thick head.

"Oh come on. You're sweet on her and you know it. I think you two would be cute together." The girl said and I shook my head.

"We can be cute together without being a couple." I reasoned.

"Whatever. You two will realize your feelings for each other one day." The girl said I pushed her head off of my shoulder before standing up.

"Let's play a game." I said causing my three friends to look in my direction.

"Nope, you're up to something." Nadia said narrowing her eyes at me.