39. Christmas Break

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors. I hope the text conversations aren't confusing. 😅

Raquel

Christmas break was finally here and I was excited about my family meeting Malaya. We had to catch a cab from the airport because my parents didn't have time to pick us up since they were both working.

When we got to my house, no one was there. Malaya looked around my house in awe and I just watched her admire everything. My family wasn't rich, but my parents made a decent amount of money and we needed a big house since it was seven of us.

"I'm gonna go to my room and go to sleep." Gio said taking his suitcase up stairs.

"I can give you a tour of everything after we take our stuff to my room." I offered causing Malaya to turn her attention to me.

"I love this house." She sighed.

"Well let's put our stuff up so I can show you the rest of it."

I walked up the stairs as Malaya followed. Once we got to my room, we just sat both of our suit cases on the floor, so we could un-pack them later. I emptied my drawers out when I left for school, so there was be room for both of our things.

"Okay, now for the tour." I said watching a smile spread across my girlfriend's face. "Let's start with my bed-"

"No, you pervert, let's start anywhere that isn't your bedroom."

It was worth a try.

I chuckled at the unamused look on the girl's face. Mostly because I could tell it was forced. She thought it was funny.

"Fine how about the jacuzzi?" I tried and Malaya gave me a look of disapproval.

"Keep it up, Burrows." She spoke in a warning tone.

"Fine, how about the kitchen? I prefer eating out, but it's pretty nice." I said biting my cheek to keep from laughing.

Malaya slapped my arm and glared at me. "Stop being nasty."

"I'm not being nasty. You're just taking everything I say the wrong way." I lied. I was being nasty.

"Just give me a proper PG-13 tour of your house." She said sternly.

"You know those movies have kissing in them, right? We can get PG-13 at every location of this house." I said grabbing the girl's waist and pulling her towards me.

"I can't win with you."

"Nope." I agreed.

I brought my face closer to hers expecting her to meet me half way, but I was rejected.

"I'm not kissing you."

"Why not?" I asked with a pout.

"Because you're supposed to be giving me a tour of your house."

I sighed in defeat. "Fine. Let's tour my stupid house."

I took Malaya all through my house and she wouldn't stop telling me how amazing it was. She also wouldn't stop telling me how cute I was as a kid. She cooed at the younger pictures of my other siblings as well.

"I can't wait to meet your baby sister. She's so cute. She's like the tiny version of you."

I smiled at Malaya's words. My family talked about how much Gabriella and I looked alike too. I missed my baby sister a lot.

"My mom is going to pick her up from daycare on her way from work." I explained.

"When are your older brothers coming home?"