29. Recovery Road (Part 1)

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Daniella

"I can't believe she's actually gone." I said looking at Nadia's side of her and Chastity's room. Well, what used to be her side.

"Dramatic much?" AJ mumbled which resulted in Chastity elbowing her.

"Don't be an asshole, Amelia." Chastity scolded her.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Daniella." AJ spoke sarcastically and Chastity pointed towards her door. "You're always kicking me out."

AJ got up and left and I chuckled because even though she was being mean, it was funny because she's the only one that's not treating me like I'm this fragile little thing that could break at any moment.

"I'm sorry about her. I don't know what I see in her." Chastity shook her head and I laughed.

"I like AJ. She's cool." I shrugged. "And let's face it, I was being dramatic. So Nadia decided to leave school to get herself together. She's still alive and well."

"Yeah, but she broke up with you."

"We're taking a break. This is temporary and mutual." I corrected Chastity and she held her hands up in defense.

"My bad."

"We're going to keep in touch. Yes, I miss her, but this is what's best for the moment. I want her to get better and if she needs space and time to do that. So be it. This isn't the end for us." I spoke confidently.

"Of course not. I wasn't implying otherwise. But on a positive note, this place she's going to looks awesome. I had no idea there were mental rehabilitation centers for depression. This place looks more like a luxury vacation, but hey, whatever works." Chastity was looking at the brochure for the rehabilitation center Nadia went to.

She and her dad talked to her doctors and they suggested Recovery Road Rehabilitation Center. People ages 18 and up went there for substance use disorders, and in Nadia's case mental health conditions. She moved out a week ago and today was my first time being in her room since I helped her move out.

The truth is, this wasn't mutual. This break I mean. Who am I kidding? Let me call it what it is. A break up. Nadia and I broke up. She said she didn't want me to feel obligated to wait for her because she didn't really know what would come from this. Of course she wants to get better, but it's a process and she said she didn't know how long this process would take. Despite all that, I promised Nadia I'd wait for her. Even if this takes years, I'm waiting for her. Because I love her and I refuse to hold something that isn't her fault against her.

Chastity groaned when there was a knock at the door. She opened it and AJ was on the other side.

"Aniya and Jayla are mating, so I had to come back. I wanted to give them their privacy." AJ spoke as she walked back into the room. "What if I moved in here?"

"Hell no." Chastity said with no hesitation. "I can only take you in small dosages."

"Don't act like you don't like having me around. You always act like I annoy you, but you and I both know that isn't the case."

Chastity narrowed her eyes at AJ and AJ just smiled at her. I chuckled to myself when Chastity blushed.

"You still can't move in because you can't change rooms within the semester. Also if you move in here, Jayla will most likely move in with Aniya and then Dani will be alone. That's the last thing she needs right now." Chastity spoke like I wasn't present.

"I actually wouldn't mind rooming alone. Before Jayla got here, I roomed alone and I was fine. Besides, Ms. Keri is pretty cool, so you should ask her." I shrugged.