15. Just a One Time Thing: Part 1

This chapter isn't edited. Excuse any mistakes. I'll go back and fix them.

Raquel

I snuck into the gym early this morning just to get some shots up. I had my head phones in so I didn't hear the gym doors open, nor did I hear Coach Young approaching me.

The girlish scream I let out when my coach tapped my shoulders and removed one of my ear buds from my ear echoed through the gym.

"You scared me." I said once I turned around only to see a frown on my coach's face.

"Seriously Burrows? One week? You couldn't wait one week?" The woman said surprising me by laughing.

Her laugh gave me chills and made my stomach flip. This woman is so beautiful. Her dark silky/curly hair, brown skin, dark brown eyes, and radiating smile got me every time. Her lips reeled me in with their full and soft appearance. She was a work of art. We were the same height so kissing her would be so simple.

"Burrows!" The woman yelled making me jump. Wow, I really zoned out.

"I'm sorry coach. I just needed to get a few shots in and I was planning on icing right after I finished. My ankle hasn't even been bothering me." I lied. My ankle was always bothering me these days and I'm guessing it's because I'm too damn stubborn to stay off of it like I was told.

"I used to tell my coach the same thing. Do you want to end up like me Burrows? You want your stubbornness to lead to the end of your career?" The woman asked and all I could focus on were her lips. They looked soft and my lack of knowledge of the feel of them against mine was making me anxious.

For three years I've been fantasizing about feeling them against my own, but I'll never know. That's just a barrier I'll never be able to cross. My coach is simply unattainable.

"Are you even listening to me Raquel?" The woman said sounding annoyed. I knew she was getting agitated because she usually calls me by my last name.

"I'm sorry. My head is just all over the place this morning. That's the main reason why I'm here. I just needed to clear my head." I told the woman.

That was actually the truth. I was still trying to understand how I felt about what happened between Daniella and me. It wasn't that big of a deal. There were no feelings involved and it wasn't special. I just can't stop feeling guilty about it. I feel so wrong for even letting it happen. She's so young.

"You wanna talk about it? My office is always opened for you. You know that." The woman said and I tried my best not to feel special. She told all of my teammates that.

"I don't think you'd be interested in my drama. I just need to make better decisions when it comes to certain people from now on." I said with a shrug.

"Oh, so you're having girl troubles." The woman said laughing and I just nodded.

"It's nothing too serious. There's no romance or anything, but I did something really stupid and I just can't get rid of the guilt." I said and my coach just nodded as if she understood.

"It'll pass eventually. Since there's no actual connection between you two, you won't feel guilty for too long." The woman said and I hoped she was right.

"I hope." I said rotating the ball in my hands nervously.

"I'm glad you were in here though. I need your help." The woman said randomly changing the subject.

"Help with what?" I asked following the woman as she started walking in the direction of her office. I couldn't help, but to take a peak at her backside. It was perfect. Just like her.