13. Sebastian's Tree

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ This chapter mentions suicide.

Malaya

Once I was in the airport, I looked around for Sloan. I eventually found her talking to some of her colleagues. I walked over to where they were and took an empty seat.

"Good morning, Malaya." Sloan greeted me and I smiled.

"Good morning."

I offered kind smiles to her colleagues and then pulled out my phone. I started to play a random game to kill time. We had another thirty minutes before we were supposed to board our flight.

The thirty minutes flew by and before I knew it, we were on our way to Washington D.C.

-

Once we landed, we went to the hotel we'd be staying in and checked in. It was really nice and fancy, but there was one issue. I was sharing a room with Sloan. I didn't understand why I couldn't get my own room, but I didn't complain. There were two beds, so everything would be fine.

Sloan was currently in the shower and I was preparing to take one myself. I was just ready to shower and go to sleep. We were all going to sleep in tomorrow, but Sloan and her colleagues made plans for all of us to get lunch together.

Another good part about this trip was that I didn't have to pay for anything. It was all on Sloan's tab.

After a while Sloan came out of the bathroom in nothing, but a towel and I mentally slapped myself for staring. I'm sorry, but damn. Why does my creepy ass boss have to be so...no no. Shut the hell up Malaya.

"You like my tattoos?" She asked completely aware of my staring and I felt myself blush. It's just four days Malaya and then you can go back home to your future wife.

Fuck! I forgot to call Raquel.

I grabbed my phone and the clothes I was going to change into and made my way into the bathroom without addressing Sloan.

I clicked on Raquel's contact name and I swear the phone barely got to ring before she picked it up.

"I was just about to call you." She said on the other end. "So how long has it been since you landed because I know you forgot."

I could tell from Raquel's tone that she wasn't upset, so I chuckled.

"Uh, about an hour." I guessed. "I was about to take a shower and go to sleep."

"Okay, well I'll let you get to it, I just wanted to know that you landed safely. I'm tired myself, but I couldn't sleep until you called." Raquel said yawning right after and I smiled.

"I love you." I said still smiling.

"I love you too." Raquel responded groggily.

"Goodnight, baby."

"Goodnight, beautiful."

After I hung up the phone, I sat my phone on the vanity counter top. And stripped, so I could finally take my shower.

I stayed in the shower for about an hour and then I got out. I changed into my pajamas in the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Once I was done I left out of the bathroom. I expected Sloan to be asleep, but she was up watching tv.

She looked at me for a second and then looked back at the tv. I made my way over to my bed and got comfortable.

"Is the tv going to interfere with you sleeping? I couldn't sleep, so I turned it on." Sloan asked and I shook my head.