20. "Eating"

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Malaya

The first day we arrived in New York was a free day. I wouldn't actually meet with my possible future colleagues until tomorrow.

Raquel, Sloan, and I arrived at our hotel a little after 5pm. We were going to drop our stuff off at the hotel and then go to a restaurant. This whole trip was going to be financially handled by Sloan, so Raquel and I were fine with her choosing where we went. Due to that and the fact that neither of us had been to New York before.

"New York definitely lives up to it's nickname." Raquel said most likely referring to how busy the streets were and how many people were out. It didn't really help that our hotel was in Times Square. The view was amazing though.

"It definitely does." I agreed as I organized my stuff.

"How loaded is your boss?" Raquel asked since she was aware that Sloan and her friends that were giving me the offer were financing this trip.

"I honestly don't know." I shrugged. "I'm sure she makes great money though. I mean, I'm making great money and I don't even have my master's, so there's no telling. She has a Doctorate in Psychology, so I'm sure she's getting paid very well."

"How hold is she?" Raquel asked and I frowned. Not because of the questions she was asking, but because I genuinely didn't know.

"I don't know. She has to be in her late twenties or early thirties." I shrugged.

"Can I be honest with you?" Raquel asked all of a sudden and I sat down on the bed.

"Of course." I said preparing myself for anything.

"I'm not justifying what you did, but I get why it was so hard. Please don't take this the wrong way, but how the hell did you get through the whole summer without giving in? I know this might sound crazy coming from me after everything, but she's....I'm sorry. I shouldn't even be saying this." Raquel stopped herself, but I already knew what she was going to say.

"Your eyes work and so do mine. I know what you're going to say. Trust me." I said letting out a sigh.

"You're not mad at me?" Raquel asked and I shook my head.

"Do I even have room to be at this point? You being in a relationship with me doesn't suddenly make it impossible for you to be attracted to someone else. Especially not someone that looks like her. So no, I'm not mad." I spoke honestly.

Was it weird to have this conversation? Hell yeah. But if we're gonna be honest with each other about everything, we're bound to run into awkward conversations.

"It still makes me feel shitty though. Like I feel guilty and I haven't even done anything." Raquel said joining me on the bed.

"You can look, but you better not touch." I half joked and Raquel chuckled.

"I mean, we'd be even if I did." She smirked and I punched her shoulder. "Ouch! Too far?"

"Yes, asshole." I glared at her.

The fact that we were even joking about it was weird.

"I'm sorry." Raquel chuckled before gently grabbing my chin and kissing me.

Our kiss was interrupted by a knock at our door. We both looked at each other because we already knew who it was. Raquel smirked at me and got up to answer it. I already know she's going to take advantage of teasing me with Sloan and I don't know how to feel about it.

Raquel opened the door and Sloan stood there with her usual confident expression.

"You two ready to go?" She asked letting her eyes linger on Raquel for a little longer than she should have. Right after shamelessly checking my girl friend out, her eyes found mine and I could sense the mischief in her smirk.