19. Heat Of The Moment

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Nadia

"Home sweet home." My dad said as we entered our house.

"Cliche much?" I mumbled under my breath as I went to the kitchen.

"We have to go grocery shopping." My dad informed me right as I opened the refrigerator only to see nothing, but condiments and juice. I closed the refrigerator and opened it again as if food would appear, but of course, it didn't.

"How do you survive when I'm not home?" I asked and my dad chuckled.

"Take out, sweet heart."

My dad came to get me from campus early this morning. I left right after Dani, Jayla, and Aniya left. I would have stayed until Chastity went home, but she was with AJ, as usual. I say they'll be together by next semester if not sooner.

"Well, can we get takeout tonight too, I don't feel like making a grocery store run at all." I said hopping up on the counter.

"Sure, but we still have to eat lunch. You want to go somewhere later? I need to talk to you anyway." My dad said making my heart sink to my stomach.

I really wasn't ready to have this talk.

"Um, sure. I'm gonna take my stuff up to my room and then I'm gonna take a nap. Can you wake me up later?" I asked and my dad nodded his head.

"Sure. And, it's not anything bad, Nadia. I can see the worry all over your face." He laughed.

"That really depends on what you'd see as bad. I'm gonna go crash." I said walking out of the kitchen and grabbing my stuff.

I'm really not ready to have this talk.

-

My dad and I ended up going to this Mexican restaurant for lunch. He ordered a steak and shrimp fajita and I just got a shrimp fajita. As we waited for our food, I made it my mission not to look up from my phone. It wasn't until my dad took the device from me that I actually made eye contact with him.

"Dad." I whined.

"Daughter." My dad whined in the same tone and I laughed at how lame he was.

"Can I have my phone back?" I asked and my dad shook his head.

"No, we're going to talk and then I'll give it back. You've been avoiding this for far too long and I just want to explain everything and clear some things up." My dad said getting into serious mode.

"Okay." I gave in. "Let's talk."

Daniella

From the moment my mom picked us up to the moment we got to our house, I kept conversation with her very minimal.

Luckily, Aniya and Jayla gladly kept a conversation going with her.

When we got to our house I took my things straight up to my room and that's where I stayed. I texted Nadia and let her know that I'd made it home okay, then I turned my phone off.

I didn't want to be bothered by anyone at the moment.

-

I ended up falling asleep and my mom sent Aniya and Jayla to come wake me up. Well she probably sent one and the other followed like a loyal puppy.

After literally being yanked out of bed by my ex sister and ex best friend, I made my way downstairs. My mom had made us lunch, and it smelled really good.

She didn't do anything major. She just made homemade cheeseburgers and fries. My mom never used frozen hamburger patties and I was grateful for that.