38. Exposed

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors. This chapter was skimmed over, so it's barely edited. I will go back and fix any mistakes I missed. Also it's kinda long, but not very eventful. Hopefully it's enjoyable anyway. 😅

Daniella

"I'm gonna be so bored over the break." Nadia pouted.

"I thought you wanted Malaya to go with Raquel?" I asked.

"I did. I do. This is just the first break I'm going to have to spend alone. I'll have my dad, but it won't be the same without Malaya." She continued to pout.

"I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind if you spent the break with us." I shrugged and Nadia frowned.

"Ew, we're the knock off version of Malaya and Raquel." Nadia said making me chuckle.

"They've been together for what, a week? They're the knock off version of us if anything." I joked.

"Seriously though, would you really want me to come? You wouldn't get sick of me?" She asked and I scoffed.

"Nadia, I could never get sick of you." I spoke honestly.

"Maybe not, but you'll probably blow me off for Jayla." She pouted and I rolled my eyes.

"Why you gotta bring up old stuff?" I asked.

"I'm kidding, but you need to ask your mom and I need to ask my dad."

I nodded my head in agreement. This was sort of last minute and Nadia needed a plane ticket.

"I already know my mom will say yes. She misses you." I told Nadia and she smiled.

"I miss her too. She's so funny and cool."

"What about your dad? Do you think he'll say yes?" I asked and Nadia shrugged.

"Letting me go would give him a reason to visit his side of the family for Christmas instead of spending it with my evil grandparents."

"Let's ask my mom first and then ask your dad. We can FaceTime them. That way we can win them over with pouting if they say no." I suggested and Nadia nodded.

"Good idea."

I scooted closer to Nadia on her bed as I waited for the FaceTime call to connect.

"If she sees you she'll definitely say yes." I whispered.

"Oh Lord. How much money do you need?" My mother asked when the call connected and I rolled my eyes.

"Every time I call you you think it's because I want something." I rolled my eyes.

"Is that Nadia next to you?" My mother asked and I realized I wasn't holding my phone so she could see us both.

"Hey Ms. Fuller." My girlfriend greeted my mother.

"Hey sweetheart. What does Dani have you doing? I know she has you right there so I'll say yes to whatever it is she's about to ask me." My mother spoke making Nadia's cheeks turn red.