40. It's All Good

Trigger Warning: This chapter mentions child abuse.

Excuse any grammatical errors or mistakes.

Daniella

"I'm not asking for a threesome because that would be weird and I'm not into incest. There are no flowers in my attic. I just don't see why you think it's okay to hog our girlfriend."

Aniya was talking my ear off and I was just a few seconds away from punching her in the mouth. It had been like this for two weeks. The break was going by entirely too fast, but too slow in those moments that I had to spend with my cousin. My mom was foul as fuck for making us share my room.

"For the thousandth time, she's MY girlfriend. I'm not letting you fuck her, so stop asking."

I love my cousin with all my heart, but she was crazy. Her filter was non existent and I don't think she knew the meaning of the word "limit". She had reached hers.

"Okay fine, what about Jayla? She's fine as fuck and I swear to God I'd let her ride my face like a cow girl."

Aniya let out an unnecessary and very disturbing moan after saying those words and I screwed my face up in disgust.

"Seriously, Niya, chill. Jayla likes Mya and vice versa." I stressed.

"Oh my God, and don't even get me started on Blue Eyes. That attitude of hers is sexy as hell. She seems like the type to slap a nigga too. I love that violent shit." The girl spoke animatedly. "Shit, slap me. Pull my hair. Stab a bitch. I lo-"

"Stop talking!" I yelled.

I had heard enough.

"Damn, I was just playing." The girl said laughing at my reaction.

"That's your damn problem. You play too fucking much."

Aniya frowned at me.

"What's wrong with playing? Being serious all the time is boring." The girl rolled her eyes.

"But that's the thing. You're never serious. You don't take anything seriously." I complained. "Everything is a joke to you."

I wouldn't have been mad had I not been dealing with her for two weeks. I don't know how I put up with her when we were younger. I felt like I was overreacting, but I can only take so much.

"Well, my life is a fucking joke, so what do you expect?"

Aniya let out a forced laugh.

"I need to smile and laugh all the time."

I knew Aniya's behavior was just a front. I knew she joked about everything because she thought it was easier that way, but she needed to stop putting her true feelings aside just because she was afraid to face them.

"No you don't. It's okay to not be happy sometimes. Your parents are getting divorced and you've been acting like everything is fine. I know you're hurting. It's-"

"Look man, I don't need you to play Doctor Phil. I know my parents are getting divorced. You do not have to remind me." The girl cut me off.

I wasn't trying to "play Dr. Phil." I just wanted her to know that she didn't have to pretend to be okay.

"Besides, what the fuck can you tell me about my life when yours is perfect? You don't have to worry about shit. You're a spoiled little brat and the hardest thing you faced was Uncle passing away."

I would have been offended by Aniya's words, but I was just happy to see her not joking. She was showing some real emotion and that's all I wanted. I won't lie and say that the mention of my dad didn't sting though because it did.