37. Group Hangout (Part 1)

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Daniella

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." I spoke into the phone.

"It's fine. If this is what it's going to take to get your best friend and sister to at least tolerate me, then I'll do it. How bad can it be?" Jade asked.

"What if they team up and try to hurt you or something?" I asked worriedly.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't put it past Aniya and Jayla to plot to do something evil to Jade. They're not evil people, but they don't play about the people they love and they really really love me.

"I box. If you haven't noticed yet, they don't scare me. I can handle myself. And what's planned again? Bowling and going to the trampoline place? And then food? It sounds like fun to me. I think we should go to the trampoline place first and then bowling though. And the bowling alley has food so we could kill two birds with one stone. Is their third girlfriend coming? Does she hate me too-"

"Jade, you're talking a mile a minute." I laughed at Jade's rambling. She could really go once you got her going. It wasn't annoying though. I found it cute.

"That's the same thing your mom told me when I first spoke to her." Jade chuckled. "Is it weird that I sort of want to talk to her again? She's really easy to talk to and funny."

What is up with my mom and getting my girlfriends to love her so much? Well, Jade isn't my girlfriend, but you know what I mean.

Mya loved my mom. She wasn't my girlfriend either, but she was close enough. And Nadia loved her too. Damnit. I'm not supposed to be thinking about her. When I think about her, I start to miss her and when I miss her I feel bad for liking Jade.

"Dani, did you hear me?" Jade asked and I awkwardly cleared my throat.

"No, what did you say?" I asked.

"I'll have to call you back. My aunt is calling me." Jade repeated herself apparently.

"Okay. Talk to you later."

"Later." Jade said ending the call.

I sighed dramatically and went to Nadia's contact name. This isn't how it was supposed to be. We were supposed to keep in touch. I found myself looking back at our old messages. Just from looking at them I could tell the difference between when things were good and when they got bad.

I looked down at my ring and smiled to myself. Yes, I'm still wearing it. I wonder if Nadia is still wearing hers. I wanted to tell her I was still wearing mine for whatever reason, but I knew I couldn't. Things were different now. She's away and I like Jade.

Then again, if I text it to her, she won't see it. She doesn't have cell service so it won't go through.

I just started typing. It's not like she'll ever see it.

I accidentally started thinking about you again. I had to force myself to stop since you didn't respond to my last letter. I told you I loved you in it. The least you could have done was sent me back a four word letter. "I love you too." I would have gotten the message to stop writing if that was what you wanted. I spent some time trying to figure out why you stopped writing, but then I remembered the thing about timing that you said in one of your letters. I know now isn't our time, but not communicating with you at all makes it seem like it will never be our time. That's not what I want. I feel like a dick for saying that because I met someone else. The girl Jade I told you about, we're dating. Like we're going on dates and stuff. She's not my girlfriend. Not yet. And we've only been on one date. I'm not sure if we'll get to that part. I'm gonna find a way to mess it up. I can feel it. And it'll be because of you. Because I'm still in love with you. I'm still wearing my ring. I hope you're still wearing yours.