33. First Fights and First Dates (Part 1)

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

*There has been a time jump*

Daniella

It was spring recruit weekend and I wasn't looking forward to it. I wasn't looking forward to anything these days and for the first time, my bad mood wasn't because of Nadia. No offense to her of course.

It had everything to do with stupid Jade. First, there was the incident at conference and now there's this entire weekend.

I didn't get my ankle broken at conference this time, but I did get ejected. Jayla did too. And it was for a stupid reason. Apparently word got out to Jade's teammates that she was coming to our school and they weren't very happy about it. They're a two year school, so she had no choice, but to transfer, but I think it was more about where she was going.

For some reason her teammates decided to take this out on me. What the fuck did I do? Long story short, two of Jade's teammates came at me, Jade tried to get them to leave me alone, Jayla jumped in, obviously, and that's when all hell broke loose.

Jayla and I got ejected along with the other girls from Jade's team. We ended up losing the game by one point thanks to Jade hitting a buzzer beater. Just like us the year before and Jade's team also lost in the first round of Nationals. We would have won had we gone. I guess there's always next year. I just feel bad for Raquel and Parker. They don't get another shot at this.

Of course that was months ago, but I'm just catching you up.

Now back to what's happening in present time. It's recruit week and guess what recruit I'm housing for the weekend. Yup, you guessed it right: Jade.

I'm so sick of Jade. As far as I see it, she's the reason all that shit went down during the game. Who the fuck commits to another team in season? And also, the least she could have done was stayed quiet about it.

This is the second time she's played a part in me not being able to go to Nationals and this year it cost my whole team. Did she start the fight, no, but she was the reason for it. And I don't fucking fight! I'm not even going to go into detail about it, but I don't like hitting people. Jayla basically beat both those girls' asses by her self. Up until that point, I had never actually seen her in a full blown fight. Remind me never to make Jayla mad enough to fight me.

The only thing I was probably going to enjoy about this weekend was getting to do stuff with the team. Since the season ended we haven't had the same schedule, so we don't see each other as much.

The recruits had already gotten here. We played pickup after coach and her new assistant gave the recruits a tour of the campus and then coach told us to call it a night and said that we would do more tomorrow. We'd start the morning off with breakfast, pick up again, and then we'd do activities.

I was back in my room and I was trying to get comfortable, but the constant knocking on my door was making that difficult.

"Are you seriously going to let me stay out here all night? Open the fucking door, Fuller!"

Jade's stupid voice was as annoying as ever as she yelled from the hallway. Obviously she was supposed to be staying with me tonight, but when we got on the elevator to come up to my room, I ran once we reached my floor, got to my room, and locked Jade out. She can sleep in the hallway.

Sadly, it was getting harder and harder to ignore her knocking. Eventually someone would make a noise complaint and then I'd have to deal with Ms. Keri. Who just so happens to be Jade's aunt! I don't think she'd be happy about me mistreating her niece. Jade better be glad I like and respect Ms. Keri because if that weren't the case, I'd leave her in the hallway.