8. Baggage

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Chastity

I think one of the funniest things is having someone think they have it all figured out, when in actuality, you're always one step ahead of them. When I first got back to campus, I thought I was going crazy because I could have sworn that I saw AJ. I told myself that I was just being paranoid because I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I might have down played my summer experience with her when I was telling Nadia about it. What AJ and I had wasn't just some summer fling to me. I really started to like her, but when I suggested keeping in touch after the summer was over, AJ had every excuse in the book on why we couldn't.

Now that I look back, I realized that what this summer was for me wasn't necessarily what it was for AJ. I was just some curious girl that she took advantage of. I'm not saying that she forced me into anything. I was a willing participant in everything we did, but while I was starting to get in too deep, she didn't feel anything. She just wanted sex, but as time went on, I was dumb enough to want more.

How do you catch feelings for someone so quickly? I don't know, but it happened and I still feel stupid for it because here we are, well into the school year and she's still hiding from me and doing a shitty job of it at that. I figured out that AJ was actually a student here because I have an online class with her. Originally, I didn't know her name, but we had to do an introduction and give a short summary of what we did over the summer for the first day and she started off by saying, "My name is Amelia Johnson, but I go by "AJ"." At first I thought it was a coincidence, but on the part that we were supposed to talk about our summer, AJ talked about how she was forced to go to summer camp for reasons she can't disclosed. I immediately knew it was her after that.

And to top it all off, a few weeks ago, I was heading to one of my classes and I saw her in the lobby. I guess she thought hiding behind a plant would be successful. She's such an idiot and I'm an idiot for liking her.

What I don't understand is why she's hiding from me. How hard is it to say you don't want anything serious with me? I'm a big girl. I can handle it.

I was going to wait for her to stop running, but I'm getting sick of her childishness. Something else that puts me ahead of AJ is the fact that I know she's roommates with Aniya. How do I know that? Well, I know that because of Jayla.

Jayla used to come and check on Nadia back when she and Dani were broken up and Nadia got frustrated with Jayla one day and asked her why she was never with her girlfriend and Jayla said it was because Aniya was spending a lot of time with her roommate because she's been trying to lay low from some girl. I just put two and two and it all adds up to AJ being an idiot.

So now, I'm about to pay the idiot a little visit.

Aniya lived on the same floor as me so I just had to go to the other side of our hall to get to her room. This is gonna be fun.

I went to Aniya's door and knocked,
but I stood to the side so she couldn't see me through the peep hole. One of them could easily see me and pretend that no one is there, so I wasn't about to make it that easy.

The door opened and Aniya looked to her left and then to her right and that's when I smiled at her.

"Um, what's up, Chastity?" Aniya asked trying to play it cool.

"I'm here to talk to AJ." I said making her eyes go wide for a second and then she tried to play it cool again.

"I don't know who that is." Aniya lied and I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I get that you're trying to be a good friend, but this is between me and her. I'm not sure why she's hiding from me, but I just want to figure everything out." I said putting on my best hurt face.