42. Bad Timing

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Jayla

"One more round."

I rolled my eyes at my best friend's sister.

"We've been playing for hours now. You're not going to beat me, so just give up."

Aniya crossed her arms and pouted like a child. She was upset because she couldn't beat me in pool. I shouldn't have played with her in the first place, but Daniella ditched me for Nadia and Aniya was my only source of entertainment since Mya wasn't here. This was becoming the norm since Mya had gotten busy all of a sudden. I'd seen her once this week. I wasn't tripping though. She's not my girlfriend, so I'm not gonna be all up in her business.

"Stop pouting. Aren't you tired of losing by now?" I asked the girl.

"Yeah, but if we stop playing you're just gonna go sit in your room and I'll be bored. What if we played something else?" The girl asked making me narrow my eyes at her.

"Something else like what?" I asked suspiciously.

I didn't really trust Aniya because she was always flirting with me. She flirted with everyone, but Mya told me about how she said I was the one she wanted. And apparently, Aniya always gets what she wants.

"Why are you looking at me like I'm up to no good or something?" The girl chuckled.

"Because I feel like you're up to no good." I deadpanned.

"Damn. Now what have I done to make you think that? I'm just bored and you're the only person in this house, other than my mother, that's not busy with something."

I won't lie. Had I not met Mya, I might have entertained Aniya, but I did, so I won't. I can't say she's making it easy though.

"Fine." I sighed. "What did you have in mind?"

"Let's play one more game of pool, if I win-"

"Nope, I'm out." I said walking past the girl and towards the steps.

"You don't even know what I was gonna say." The girl chuckled.

"I already know how this goes." I stopped so I could face her. "You pretended to be bad at pool and now you're gonna make a bet with me knowing you'll win and I'll have to do what ever you say. I'm not stupid."

She just smirked at me.

"Exactly." I said before turning to leave again.

"I always get what I want, Grey Eyes."

I just ignored the girl and kept walking. Dani really needed to get her damn sister.

-

A few hours later we were all at the dinner table. Dani and Nadia were sitting beside each other on one side of the table while Ms. Fuller sat at the end of the table. That left Aniya and me to sit beside each other at the other side of the table across from Nadia and Dani.

Dinner was going fine at first. We all made small talk as we ate and we laughed here and there at anything funny that was said. Everything was normal until I felt Aniya's hand on my knee. She was seriously taking her little game or whatever she was doing too far.

I talked to Dani and she said Aniya was just playing with me, but it didn't seem like it. We were three weeks into our break now and Aniya hadn't missed a beat when it came to her "playing" with me.

When Mya was here, she flirted with both of us. She didn't have an off switch.

I removed the girl's hand from my knee and a few seconds later, she put it back. We went back and forth until I just gave up and let her hand stay on my knee. It was just my knee after all.