39. The Kick Back

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

*There's been a bit of a time jump. Also, expect some different points of view. There will be more points of view in the next book, so I figured I could start now to get you used to it.*

Daniella

"It's weird not getting to see you at school. The good thing is that since I don't have practice or anything, I can spend most of my free time here with you."

I was at Nadia's house, which is where I'd been spending most of my free time lately. We've been back together for a month now and things were going better than ever. For the first time ever, we didn't have any problems. And it didn't feel too good to be true.

"I'll come back in the fall, and we can be roommates. Well, apartment-mates and since your coach wants you in an apartment with Jade, you and I can share with her and Ro." Nadia spoke making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Ro's coming to school?"

"Well, yeah. She's gonna take a bunch of mini semesters over the summer and then she'll have to take summer classes again after the school year. I told her she's crazy for taking on so much, but she doesn't even seem bothered. She's actually excited. Ms. Keri managed to pull some strings and get her registered for classes."

"How is she gonna pay for it without her mom's help?" I asked.

I pretty much knew about everything with Ro now. And I just have to say, I feel no sympathy for her stepdad at all.

"Well, since she's over eighteen, she can apply for financial aid as an independent now. It also helps that she's not living with her mom or anything. She won't have to borrow too much because she's been applying for scholarships like a mad woman. That and she'll have help from Ms. Keri." Nadia explained. "And I have no idea how she's going to balance it, but Malaya talked to her boss and got Ro a job as a runner at the office she works at."

Ro needed all the support she could get, so I was happy to hear that she had so much. She deserved to finally have something good happen for her.

"I swear Raquel and Malaya think she's their child or something. Once Ms. Keri found out that Ro was out of the MHRC she offered to take her in, but Raquel and Malaya insisted that Ro stay with them. She likes living with them though. She never shuts up about how nice they are."

"Well they are pretty nice. Malaya wasn't at one point, but she's like a completely different person now. And it's good that they get to practice being parents." I said and Nadia laughed.

"They're gonna be awesome parents. I can already see it now. Raquel will be the more lenient one and Malaya will be the hard ass. Well, she'll try to be. She's just as nice as Raquel. She always has been. She just took on a persona to protect herself."

"What about us?" I asked and Nadia narrowed her eyes at me.

"What about us?" She asked the same question, but looking for a different answer.

"You think we're gonna make good parents?" I asked and Nadia just laughed.

"I think our future kids are doomed. Can we just talk about how terrible their mouths are going to be? We're gonna have to homeschool them. And if we have a son we might as well be prepared for another you, but worse since he can actually get someone pregnant." Nadia continued to laugh. "Maybe we should get a cat or something...well shit. You're allergic, so that's a no. What about a gold fish?"

She can't be serious. We'd be great parents!

"Nadia, we would be awesome parents. You don't want kids?" I asked and Nadia laughed.