41. Sistah Sistah

Excuse any mistakes.

Daniella

"Yes, Daddy. I love you too. I will. Bye."

Nadia let out a sigh as she got off of the phone with her father.

"He's so annoying and overprotective." She girl rolled her eyes.

"You should be grateful. Some people's dads don't give a shit about them." I pretty much scolded her.

Nadia looked a bit taken aback by my words.

"I was only kidding."

"It didn't seem like it." I mumbled. I was still thinking about everything that Aniya and I talked about last night.

"Are you okay, baby? You've been in a bad mood all morning. Is this about last night? Did we rush things?" Nadia asked worriedly.

"I'm fine." I said suddenly becoming interested in my fingers.

Nadia placed her hands on top of mine.

"Can you look me in my eyes and say that?" She asked and I don't know why, but it irritated me.

"Can you leave me the fuck alone? I said I was fine." I said taking my hands away from Nadia's and standing up from the guest bed.

I was about to walk out of the guest room completely, but Nadia put herself between me and the door.

"Man, move." I tried to push her aside, but she wouldn't budge.

I don't even know why I'm being like this towards her. I wasn't really mad at her. I was mad at my aunt and uncle, but they weren't here to be angry at. My anger was misplaced, but I couldn't reason with myself at the moment. That's why I tried to leave, but Nadia wouldn't let me.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked standing her ground.

"Nothing. I just want to be alone right now. Can I do that?" I asked trying to control my emotions. This wasn't Nadia's fault. She shouldn't be on the receiving end of this.

"You can as soon as you tell me what's wrong." My stubborn ass girlfriend bargained.

"I just told you nothing was wrong-"

"And that was a damn lie, so tell me the truth." She cut me off.

"Why can't you just leave alone?" I groaned.

"Because I don't know what's wrong with you. I don't know where your head is and I don't want you to be alone if I can help. Baby, I'm just trying to be there for you."

Nadia placed a comforting hand on my cheek as she spoke with her eyebrows drawn together.

"You can't help." I said stepping away from her, causing her hand to drop from my face. "No one can fucking help because she waited too long to say something about it."

A look of confusion spread across Nadia's face. She looked at me searchingly, and I sighed because I didn't feel like sitting around and waiting for her to figure out "where my head was at".

"Nadia, please move." I begged just wanting her to listen and she finally did.

I didn't wait around for my girlfriend to ask anymore questions.

I walked back to my room, but Aniya wasn't there. I remembered her saying that her parents were coming to see her today, so I figured that's where she was.

I stop searching for Aniya and made my way to my mom's room. I never really knock on her door before walking in, so I invited myself in like usual.