24. Parking Ticket

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Jayla

It seemed like forever before we actually got to our hotel. We made stops for food and bathroom breaks, so that made the trip longer.

"The rest of the day is yours to rest or do school work. There are things for you to do around the hotel as well, but just know that whatever you use the rest of this day to do, don't let it affect you tomorrow at practice. The hotel serves breakfast from 6am to 9am. If you want to eat, get up. We will load the bus back up and head to their gym for practice at 9am. If you're late to the bus, don't bother leaving your room because you will be left. If you miss practice, you will not play in Saturday's game. And if you miss practice, be prepared to run when we get back to campus. Listen so you'll know who you'll be sharing a room with."

I pretty much zoned out until I heard my name being called.

"Parker and Jayla, you two will share a room."

Parker went up to Coach Young and grabbed our room keys. I felt someone tapping on my shoulder, so I turned and Dani's ugly ass was shaking her head.

"Don't do anything stupid." She whispered to me, and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, bitch." I whispered back.

"Raquel and Daniella, you two will be sharing a room." Coach added and Raquel went to go get her and Dani's keys.

Once Coach Young had assigned all the rooms, we all went to go settle in.

"Girl, I'm about to go to the second floor and get me some dick." Deja, a freshman point guard, said as we were heading to our rooms.

"Sis, you need to chill. This is why you don't get playing time now." Another freshman named Sabrina said shaking her head. She played the same position as Raquel.

"It's not my fault our starters never need breaks. Just wait though. It's gonna be my turn eventually. Don't act like I'm not good." Deja shrugged.

"Next year is my year. Once Raquel graduates, it's gonna be me or Madison and ain't no white girl taking my spot." Sabrina said looking at Madison and she rolled her eyes.

"Now you and I both know that I'm only white to the eye. Don't give me a reason to fuck you up, Sabrina." Madison shot back and we all laughed.

Madison swears up and down she was born in the wrong body. She says she's "transracial" as if that's a thing. I respect her though because she doesn't say the 'N' word and she's not blind to her privilege. She's cool people.

"Maddie, chill. I don't want any smoke." Sabrina playfully backed down.

None of the girls on our team ever took each other seriously in situations like these. We all got along. Coach made sure of that. That's why she didn't tolerate Parker and me having any type of beef. She shut that down real quick.

"Ladies, please don't do anything stupid tonight." Raquel spoke. "Be on time tomorrow and by on time I mean be early. Deja, save the dick appointment for another time. I'm not running for any of you."

"Fine, I guess I'll have to get Sabrina to give me head cause a bitch is horny." Deja said gabbing Sabrina's arm and she tried pulling away.

"Anybody wanna switch rooms with me?" Sabrina asked and everyone just laughed at her.

"Tragic." Elijah mumbled to Rowland and they both chuckled.

I found it a little unfair that coach let Elijah and Rowland room together. They're best friends just like Dani and me. Granted, they're too afraid of coach to act up, but still. It's whatever though. I don't mind rooming with Parker.