3. No New Friends

If there are any mistakes, my bad. 😅

Aniya

"So what? You plan on hiding in this room all school year?" I asked my roommate.

I got a new roommate this year since Mya moved in with Chipotle Mya. I was a little mad at first because it was last minute and I didn't know what to expect, but AJ is actually really cool.

"No, but I just need to make sure I don't run into her." AJ replied.

"Who is this girl anyway? You've been running from her all week." I asked.

"I think it would be best if I didn't tell you her name. You might know her."

"Fine, but I could help you avoid her if I knew who you were avoiding." I said trying to get AJ to tell me who she was running from.

Apparently she met a girl over the summer at some Christian camp. They hooked up all summer and then just went their separate ways. AJ says the girl wanted to keep in touch, but she gave her some bullshit excuse on why they couldn't. Really AJ just wanted one thing from the girl: sex. Once she got that, she didn't really care to go any further. She thought her plan was full proof until she saw her on move in day. All I know is that the girl lives on the same floor as us.

"Or you could help her find me." AJ said narrowing her eyes at me.

"What would I gain from that?" I asked laughing.

"I don't know, but I'm still not telling you. I'm not taking any chances."

"You're going to run into her eventually. Classes start in a few days. I bet you have at least one class with her." I said making AJ's eyes go wide.

"I didn't even think about that! Man, what the hell am I going to do?"

AJ buried her face in her hands and I patted her back.

"You could stop avoiding her." I suggested.

"I can't." She shook her head. "It's gonna be awkward as hell. I lied to her a lot during the summer. Well not really lied, but I kept a lot of stuff from her. If she knows I'm here she's gonna want to get to know me and once she knows me, she's not gonna want anything to do with me. I'd rather she just have the memory of our summer together."

"Why do you even care?" I asked. "I thought you only wanted sex from her?"

"I did...at first. But after I left that camp, she was all I could think about. She's all I've been thinking about. I just can't face her. Once she knows everything about me, what we have is gone." AJ spoke sadly.

"Not to be a dick, but you don't have anything at the moment."

"We have the summer." AJ disagreed. "If I'm thinking about her this much, I know she thinks about me. We have good memories. We only spent a short time together, but I'll never forget it. I don't think she will either. But if she gets to know me, she's gonna want to forget it."

"If she gets to know you and she looks at you differently, fuck her." I shrugged.

"You say that now, but if you knew about my past you probably wouldn't fuck with me either."

"I disagree. I'm not judgmental at all. I have too much baggage to be judgmental." I admitted.

"Well, maybe I'll feel comfortable talking about it with you one day. Today just isn't that day."

I decided not to pester AJ anymore. She'd open up when she was ready.

"Do you at least want to meet my friends now?" I asked. "Well, it'll just be my girlfriend and my sister because things are pretty divided in our friend group."