(Book 2) 1. The Perfect Couple

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Malaya

"So right now, all I need you to do is scan these papers into the patient's files. And once you're done scanning, shred them. After you've finished that, let me know and I'll find something else for you to do. Do you have any questions?"

"No ma'am."

"We've talked about this." My boss sighed. "You don't have to say ma'am to me. I'm not that much older than you and I just don't like it."

"I'm sorry. It's a habit."

I started working for my boss, Sloan Carter during the summer. It started off as an internship that I needed for one of my classes, but she offered me a job once the internship was over. I was hesitant to take it at first because my boss was pretty young and she had a habit of flirting with me. It was subtle, but I'm not stupid. I told her that I had a girlfriend, but she didn't seem to care.

I told Raquel about it and asked what she thought I should do and she told me that I should take the job. She said she trusted me and she was all for it since it meant I'd be close by. I was supposed to do an internship in New York, but I couldn't take it. Well I could have. Raquel actually encouraged me to, but I didn't want to leave her. I had faith in our relationship, but I knew I wouldn't be able to handle being away from her and I knew from her reaction before it was even time for me to leave that she wouldn't be able to handle it either.

My parents weren't too happy about me passing up the opportunity in New York, but I didn't really care how they felt about it. All I cared about was Raquel. Our relationship was the most important thing to me. Of course I cared about my career, but I was getting my dream job and my dream girl.

Well, I didn't have my dream job just yet, but it would come.

"It's fine, Malaya. Just let me know when you're done."

Sloan left me to do my work and I got started.

-

I was in the middle of shredding the papers I'd just filed in when I got a call from Raquel. I wasn't supposed to be on my phone, but I answered it anyway.

"Hey baby." I answered the phone.

"Hey beautiful. I know you're working right now, but I missed you." Raquel's smooth voice came through my phone and I couldn't help, but to smile.

"You act as if you won't see me tonight."

"I'm not seeing you right now though." She whined.

"Shouldn't you be in class or something?" I asked looking at the time.

"My teacher cancelled class. Family emergency. Lucky me right?"

"You're terrible." I chuckled.

"That's funny because I remember you saying the total opposite last night and this morning." Raquel said making me blush.

"Could we not discuss that right now?" I said not wanting to have thoughts like that in the work place.

"Why not? Is just the thought of the things I do to you having that much of an effect on you?" She asked and I bit my lip because it was. Raquel was a totally different person in the bed room. It's not like she came off as innocent, but I had no idea she was such a freak.