5. "Is This a Game To You?"

Daniella

"So are you just going to keep standing there?"

I was standing beside what would be my side of Raquel's bed for the remainder of this week and I couldn't bring myself to join her.

"I didn't know you slept like that." I said referring to the lack of clothing she was wearing. She didn't have on anything but a giant t-shirt. That's the ONLY thing she was wearing. (T-shirt with no panties on.🎤)

"It's not that big of a deal." She said rolling her eyes.

"I'm really really gay Raquel and I like you. It's a pretty big deal! I'm just going to take the couch." I said heading out of the room.

"Okay okay." Raquel said getting out of the bed and going to her dresser. "Is this better?" She asked after slipping on a pair of gym shorts.

"So so much better." I said turning around and going to the bed again.

"You really need to learn how to control yourself." Raquel said, getting in her bed again.

"I can control myself. Just not when it comes to you." I mumbled as I joined Raquel in her bed.

"When is your birthday?" Raquel asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"August 20th. Why?" I asked confused.

"No reason." She said shrugging. "Goodnight, freshman."

Raquel turned her bedside lamp off and seemed to fall asleep immediately. Is that even possible?

I couldn't really sleep though. All I could think about was Mya. I didn't know I was hurting people. I thought girls understood what they got when it came to me. I let things go on for too long with Mya, but I couldn't help it. Something in me just really liked having her around. We didn't even have to have sex. I enjoyed her company.

Thoughts of Mya were keeping me awake, so eventually I got up and decided to try talking to her. It was only a little after 11, so I still had time before curfew.

-

Once I got to my room I took a deep breath before using my key card to get inside.

I walked over to Mya's side and to my luck she wasn't asleep.

"We need to talk." I said giving her a look that meant I wasn't taking No for an answer.

"We talked earlier. What more needs to be said?" She asked looking bored. I hated when she did that.

"I didn't get to apologize. What I did to you was wrong, but I only did what I did to keep from eventually hurting you." I said making her scoff.

"And how did that turn out?" She asked sitting up and letting her legs hang off of the side of her bed.

"It backfired. I ended up hurting you anyway and I apologize for that. I don't want us to be like this." I said and Mya sighed before speaking.

"What do you want us to be like then?" She asked.

"Like we used to be." I said walking towards her, but she held a hand out telling me not to come any closer.