34. First Fights and First Dates (Part 2)

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Daniella

I didn't get to "put Jade in her place". I couldn't bring myself to do it. Not to mention, it's way too soon for physical stuff. I'm really not into random sex anymore. I'm also not into playing games with people. People's hearts aren't toys. They shouldn't be played with. Some people have really fragile hearts.

I don't know Jade. I have no idea what she's been through. I have no idea what she can and can't handle emotionally or mentally. Being with someone like Nadia made me understand that I had to learn that stuff. I have to take time and get to know people before I involve myself with them romantically because I don't want to hurt anyone. I also, don't want to be hurt.

I don't have it in me to do the hoe shit anymore. I know what being in love feels like now and even though things are over for now, I'm not afraid of possibly feeling something similar to it. I know I'll never feel for anyone what I felt for Nadia, but that's just because everyone's different. I wouldn't love someone the way I loved Nadia because no one is Nadia, but Nadia.

I'm not saying I'll love someone else anytime soon, or ever, but I just think more about stuff now than I used to. I guess experiencing love changes you.

"This weekend went by way too fast." Jade spoke as she put some of her things into her bag.

Recruit weekend was finally over. I have to admit, it was fun. All the recruits are good, so that's another plus. They're all cool too. Some of them haven't committed, but I wouldn't be opposed to them all coming.

"Well it's not completely over." I stated and Jade furrowed her eyebrows.

"Our date." I said making Jade facepalm. "Wow. Did you forget?" I pretended to be hurt.

"I didn't forget! I swear!" Jade seemed to panic. "I just didn't know that was what you were talking about. How could I forget about a date with you? I waited a whole year to go on a date with you. I can't forget about anything concerning the girl I'm always thinking about."

Gosh. I think I'm blushing or some shit. Stop blushing, Daniella!

"I-I was just kidding." I stuttered. "Where are we going anyway?"

"It's a surprise." Jade smirked. "Just don't expect anything fancy or really romantic. My idea of romance may not be like the typical idea of romance. No cliches. Just fun."

"I'm fine with that." I shrugged. I'm not good with planning dates anyway."

"Neither am I. I don't go on a lot of dates." Jade admitted.

"And why is that?" I asked. Jade seemed like the type of girl that wouldn't have a problem getting dates.

"I only go on dates with people I could potentially see myself being with. I don't like wasting people's time and I don't like having my time wasted." Jade informed me.

"But isn't the whole point of a date to get to know someone? How do you truly know who you could be with and who you couldn't? You asked me on a date during a basketball game. You didn't know anything about me." I pointed out.

"But I wanted to. You sparked my interest and that's really rare. I've only been interested in one other person, but she was like the most oblivious person on the planet. Then again, maybe she just pretended to be. You never know with her." Jade shook her head.

"So did you give up on the idea of anything ever happening between you two?" I asked and Jade sighed.

"I had no choice but to. She just disappeared. I have no idea where she is. My aunt tells me she's fine, but she won't tell me where she is. I had to snoop through my aunt's stuff to figure out why she was even gone." She admitted.