28. The Honeymoon Stage

Trigger Warning ⚠️ (This chapter mentions suicide.)

Sorry for any mistakes.

Daniella

Having a girlfriend is amazing. I always ran from commitment and now that I'm actually in a relationship, I don't understand what I was so afraid of. Having Nadia to myself is the best thing ever. Just the thought of either of us being with someone else makes me sick. I really like her. I guess I always have. I just never noticed it. She's so perfect. She's literally everything I ever wanted in a girl right down to the freaking dimples. I lov....whoa whoa. Let's not get ahead of ourselves inner Daniella. There will be no use of that word. Not yet anyway.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Nadia asked with a slight frown.

God, what did I do to deserve this girl? I know I'm not the worst person ever, but I am not worthy. Don't take her back or anything. I accept this gift even though I don't deserve it. But damn..my bad. I didn't mean to curse at you, but you really out did yourself with this one. A plus plus, big guy or gal.

"Daniella." Nadia said snapping her fingers in my face. "Come back."

"You're so beautiful. Promise to catch me when I fall in love with you." I said before I could even internally determine if it was okay to say something like that.

Nadia's mouth dropped open slightly and her cheeks turned a cute shade of red. I've rendered her speechless. Or maybe I went too far. Uh oh.

"That slipped out." I said trying to make things better, but Nadia just shook her head.

"No, it's okay. I just haven't gotten use to this side of you. You have to warn me before you say things like that." She said letting out a weak laugh.

"I'm sorry. I can't help myself." I admitted. "We've only been together for three weeks, but it feels like a lifetime. I know it's cliche, but do you ever wonder if God made the two of us specifically for each other? Like I know the Bible says we're an abomination, but if that's the case, why does this feel so right? Why am I so happy?"

Nadia didn't say anything this time, she just leaned forward and pressed her lips against mine and we shared an innocent, but meaningful kiss.

"I promise if you promise the same." She said making me smile.

"I promise." I said pushing a loose curl out of Nadia's face before connecting our lips again.

"I never thought I'd say this, but I am so fucking sick of you two. Nadia, please move into Daniella's room. This cliche shit has been going on for too long. I wouldn't be surprised if you two got married within the next week or two. You should be out of the honeymoon stage by now." Chasity whined.

"I thought you shipped us." Nadia said laughing at her roommate's obvious frustration with how lovey dovey we were.

"I do, but I wish you two would at least fight or something. No relationship should be this perfect. Your friendship was more problematic and you two swore up and down there were no feelings involved." Chastity replied, still whining.

"Well it's only been three weeks." I pointed out.

"Yeah, let us enjoy this. Stop trying to ruin your own ship." Nadia playfully scolded Chastity.