29. "Hoemance"

^^^^Pic of my wife just because. 🤷🏽‍♀️😍

Excuse any typos or grammatical errors. 🙂 I'll go back and edit eventually.

Nadia

Jayla's mother's funeral was a week ago and ever since then she's been camping out in Dani's room. She spent the first few nights in mine, but after I complained about her and Dani being annoying, Dani suggested that Jayla just spend the night in her room when ever she was on campus. Of course Jayla jumped at the offer and ever since then those two have been attached at the hip.

They even talked about Jayla transferring here and playing basketball next year since she'll be ineligible to play next semester when she comes. I'd say if, but she's already talked to people in our registrars office as well as Coach Young. I wanted to tell her not to, but she literally has no one and she and Dani have gotten super close. I'd be a bitch to ruin that, but damnit those two are annoying.

Coach is gonna let her scrimmage with the team once she transfers, so pretty much after Christmas break. The only thing I'm worried about is how competitive Dani and Jayla are. They play the same position so that means they'll have to fight for the starting spot.

Jayla's team might be ass but she's an amazing player. She had over 40 of her team's points in the game they played against our school. Not to mention her skills on the defensive end. She got stuck at the school she's playing for because of her grades. She's smart, but lazy as hell. Luckily she's been doing well enough on the collegiate level to be able to have enough credits to transfer here.

Part of me was happy she was coming here. Not because I wanted her to, but because Daniella wanted her to. I realized a long time ago that no matter how long I ran from her, Jayla was going to be part of my life. We had too much history. We had history that went beyond our relationship. Before we even got together, I made Jayla work to earn my trust. I rejected her so many times before she actually got it through her thick skull that I wasn't like the girls that drooled over her. 

Eventually she got the message and worked towards earning my trust. We ended up becoming close friends and she ultimately stole my heart. Our relationship was perfect up until she found out about my issues. She knew my mom had passed, but I never told her how. For a long time I was embarrassed by it. I still am. My mom hated me so much that she killed herself.

I had a break down on the anniversary of my mother's death. I said every hurtful thing I could think of to get Jayla to leave, but she didn't. Instead she didn't let anything I said get to her. She just held me until I cried myself dry and then she told me about her mother and how she was a drug addict and had attempted suicide multiple times. I felt like I had finally met someone that could understand me.

We got even closer after that, but I ruined things. I blamed Jayla for everything, but I complicated our relationship even more because of my stupid depression. It's not like I could control it. There were times when I wouldn't leave my room for days. I wouldn't even get out of bed unless it was to use the bathroom. My dad would force me to eat, but I could never keep anything down for long.

Then came the suicidal thoughts. I've never actually attempted suicide, but there were times when it was all I thought about. Jayla forced me to open up about it and when I did, I guess it scared her. There would be times when I would text her long ass texts that were basically goodbye letters. I can't count the times she rushed over to my house in the middle of the night to make sure I didn't hurt myself. I know why she started "cheating" now.

Her mother was already suicidal. For her girlfriend to be suicidal as well had to be too much. Not to mention we were young. We got together when we were 15. Things started going down hill our junior year of high school. Jayla put up with me for a long time.