35. Ghosting

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Jade

"Jade, can you please put your phone down, I'm trying to talk to you."

I rolled my eyes and reluctantly put my phone down, so I could listen to whatever my roommate was going to say.

"I'm sorry, Priscilla. What were you saying?"

I wasn't actually sorry. This girl talked too damn much and often times it was about something I couldn't care less about. Like now.

"Okay, so basically Justin...."

Annnd that's where I zoned out.

I was more concerned about the fact that Dani wasn't returning my text messages. I didn't send an outrageous amount. Just two, but I don't double text anyone. I was going to try calling, but I didn't want to seem thirsty.

Is it crime to like someone and want to talk to them though? I was under the impression that our date went great and that neither of us wanted it to end, but maybe I was wrong. She did try to get me to spend the night with her after. Maybe she just wanted to have sex and leave it at that.

I don't do one night stands. I take my body, mind, and soul very seriously. When you sleep with someone, you give them a little piece of yourself and I'm not just going to give a piece of myself to anyone.

But what if that's why she's ghosting me?

I sound crazy. So she didn't respond to a few of my texts. Big deal. Maybe she's busy. Or maybe she doesn't like me.

"So what should I do?" Priscilla's annoying voice somehow weaseled it's way back into my auditory perception.

"Umm, pray?" I said not knowing exactly what I was supposed to be giving her advice for. Praying was like the universal solution though right? Most people pray to someone or something.

"You want me to pray about whether or not I should try anal with Justin?" Priscilla asked and I almost threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Why the hell did she come to me for these things? Like yeah, we're roommates, but we never even established a friendship. She just started telling me all her business and I'm too nice to tell her I don't care.

"I can't make a decision like that for you, so yeah. That's between you and God, if you believe in one. Or maybe it's between you and the universe. It isn't however, something I can decide for you. And as much as I love talking to you (what a fucking lie!), I have to go."

I didn't give Priscilla time to protest. I just needed to get away from her. I also wanted to go see my aunt. She's who I go to for advice about everything because she's like the mom I should have had. The one I got is broken or something.

Once I got out of my dorm building and into my car I jumped at the sound of a phone ringing. I looked in my backseat where the sound was coming from and let out a breath of relief. 1. Because there wasn't a ghost with a cell phone in my car (it could happen) and 2. Because Dani hasn't been ghosting me.

I threw her phone in the back seat yesterday and we forgot about it. So there is still a possibility that she likes me. On top of that, I have a reason to go see her that doesn't make me seem thirsty.

Dani's phone stopped ringing, but then started ringing again, so I figured I should answer it.

I grabbed her phone from the back and realized from the contact name that it was her mom calling. She called back to back, so she's probably worried.

I answered the phone and before I could get a word out a woman's voice came through the phone.

"Daniella Skye Fuller, I've been calling your little ass all morning! I know you're trying to avoid my calls. What is this I hear about you going on a date with the girl that put you in the hospital? I should have made her folks pay your damn medical bills."