18. Why Her?

Trigger Warning! This chapter mentions suicide.

Sorry for any mistakes or grammatical errors

Nadia

"Out of every girl on this campus you pick her? Hell no. I'm not going through with this."

I frowned at Dani's reaction to my pick. I thought she'd be happy.

"But I thought you liked Raquel."

"No, I wanted to fuck Raquel, which I already did. I don't like her like that." The girl said crossing her arms and I rolled my eyes.

"Let me guess, you're scared she's going to reject you too aren't you?" I asked the girl and she glared at me.

"No. But I do know that she wouldn't date me. She thinks I'm too young for her. Pick someone else." The girl demanded and I giggled.

"I have a pick. How about you date Nadia?" Chastity said butting in as usual.

"How about no?" I countered and turned my attention back to Dani.

"That's my pick and if you don't like it, too damn bad." I told the girl sternly.

"Why would you pick a girl I don't even have a chance with? She'll never want something more than sex from me. You're making me put myself in a horrible situation, Nadia." Daniella said whining.

"Then you make her change her mind. I watched you put a grown ass woman that had zero interest in you under your spell in a matter of minutes. You can get any girl you want Daniella. Have faith in your hoe powers." I said making the girl go from a worried expression to an amused one.

"I don't think my hoe powers work when I want more than sex hence the 'hoe'. If they did, Mya and I would be together." The girl said going back into sad Dani mode.

"I still don't see why you don't want Mya to be my pick. I feel like if you put in a little more effort, she'd give you another chance." I opined.

"Mya likes Chipotle Mya. I ruined things with her and I'm trying to accept that. It's just weird not being able to get her to break anymore. She never could stay mad at me when we were in high school. Now it's like she's..."

"Stronger?" I said interrupting the girl.

"I was going to say stubborn as hell." Dani said and I laughed.

"You don't realize how much strength it takes to be in love with someone and still walk away from them. I wasn't over my ex when I broke up with her. I was, as cliche as it might sound, madly in love with her. I thought I couldn't live without her, but I still walked away because I felt like I deserved better. Sometimes, people will fall in love with someone else and forget how to love themselves, but what we don't realize is that if someone loved you the way you loved them, they'd never let you forget how to love yourself. I think Mya is in the process of learning to love herself again and she can't do that with you constantly trying to pull her back in."

"So you don't think I should go after her? You're confusing me." Daniella said and sighed.

"What I'm saying is that I don't feel like it's too late for you two. I just feel like she needs time. But it would be a good idea for you to try being in her life while she figures everything out. Don't just disappear because that will make it seem like you don't care. Be her friend first."

Dani looked like she was thinking what I said over, but then she frowned.

"So what if your ex showed up out of nowhere telling you that she loved you and that she was sorry for everything she put you through. Would you give her a second chance?"