32. Old Habits

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Nadia

The week went by pretty fast and before I knew it, it was Friday again. This time, I was determine to get Ro to meet my dad and Malaya, but she didn't seem very interested. She had her face glued in a book as normal, but today, she would barely even talk to me. Actually she wasn't talking at all. She'd just nod and hum here and there, but that was about it.

I'd even tried calling her Roxanne just to get a reaction out of her, but it doesn't even seem to bother her anymore.

"Ro." I tried again. Nothing.

"Roxanne." Still nothing.

"Roxy." I said getting a little irritated.

"Rox." I tried another one and she looked up from her book.

"That's a new one." Ro laughed and I glared at her.

"Why the hell are you ignoring me?" I asked...well more like whined.

"Because you keep asking me the same thing. Look, I appreciate you wanting me to meet your family, but I don't really want to. Maybe another time." Ro said with an apologetic smile.

"It's okay." I sighed. "I just don't want you to be alone."

Ro chuckled and I couldn't figure out what was funny.

"What?" I frowned and Ro smiled at me.

Is it just me or is her smile getting cuter? It's that damn dimple.

"You're pouting." Ro observed. "And despite it being sort of adorable, I need you to stop. You know that empath thing I told you about? Well, yeah. I can feel all the pouty-ness and I don't like it."

"That's not a word." I laughed and Ro just shrugged.

"Says who?" Ro asked and I scoffed.

"Um, the dictionary of course."

"The dictionary is a 'what'. Humans wrote the dictionary and new words get added all the time. Why can't my word get the same respect?" Ro asked. "I'm just as human as the guys, not specific to one gender, that wrote the damn thing."

This girl...

"Fine, pouty-ness can be a word." I rolled my eyes.

"Duh. I didn't need your final say, but I'll take it. Now, can I get back to my book?" Ro asked and I shrugged.

"Knock yourself out. I'm sure my dad and aunt are here already, so I guess I'll see you later." I spoke and Ro nodded.

"Of course. It's not like I have anywhere else to be."

-

This week's visit from my dad and Malaya went just like the last. It was good to see them and this week was actually a little bit better because not only did I get a letter from Dani, but my dad told me that Dani was coming next Friday.

I was looking forward to seeing her. Raquel's supposed to be coming too, but I don't really care that she's coming.

I'm kidding. I miss Raquel too. Honestly, anyone that's coming from back home to see me will make me happy.

"Hey." Ro greeted me as I walked back into our room.

"Hey." I replied, taking a seat on my bed. I had Dani's letter in my hand and I smiled down at it like an idiot. I should have known she'd write back. This is Dani we're talking about. She's amazing.

"You're making me jealous by smiling like that. I won't tell you to stop because it's not a terrible sight, but what's got you showing off my other dimple so proudly?" Ro asked and I laughed.