Chapter 2

"What are you doing with my phone?" Hunter asked with a smile. i looked down at his phone in my hands. Crap!

"Are you back with Amber?" I asked. I needed to know.

He looked down at the floor. "Yes." i just stared at him, completely shocked that he came out and said it. He continued. "I was going to tell you tomorrow I re-" I cut him off. "How long have you guys been back together?" i asked him. He kept staring at his hands. He only does this when he is afraid to tell me something.

"For about 2 weeks." He said. How could he keep this from me?! "Why didn't you tell me?!" i yelled. "Shelby, I just couldn't find the right way to tell you! And i was worried that you would hate me!" He cried. "Yes, because this was a fantastic way to find out!" I stood up before he could say anything else and ran out of his room and down the stairs. "Shelby, Come back!" i heard Hunter yell, but i ignored it. i ran out his front door and back to my house.

A tear slipped down my face as i made it my bedroom door. I opened the door and ran to my bed pulling the covers up to hide my whole body and crying into my pillow.

It's not the fact that he is dating her that hurts, its the part that they have been dating for 2 weeks and he never told me. I thought we told eachother everything! ugh!

A knock on my door woke me from my thoughts. i didnt say anything, i just cried harder into my pillow. The person who was knocking on my door, entered my room and sat on the side of my bed. It's probably my mom checking on me to see if i was alright.

I was wrong. "Shelby, I am truly sorry. i mean it!" Hunter said. i sat up from my pillow, still avoiding eye contact and said, "Hunter, the thing that hurts the most is that you didnt tell me about you guys." i said truthfully. "Shelby, i tried, i just never found the right time, and when i did, i chickened out because i thought you would hate me!" "Well, I would be upset, well i am upset about that. But I would never HATE you, thats impossible! I also dont want you to date her again" I said the last part under my breath, hoping he wouldn't hear it but of course, he did. i felt him look up at me.

"Why does matter who i date Shelby? It's not like it has anything to do with you!" He yelled at me. Great! i finally stopped crying and now here they come again! Ugh!! "Actually, Hunter, it does! I have seen her hurt you before! I have seen how upset and heartbroken you were, you know why? Because i was with you through it all! i didnt leave your side those three nights you stayed up crying! Hunter, i did that because i care about you, and i hate seeing my bestfriend hurt because it hurts me!" I said finally making eye contact. Tears were rolling down both of our cheeks.

He didnt say anything, which was a bad mistake because it allowed me to talk more. "Hunter. I dont think that i could be around a relationship that could easily break your heart. I cant deal with that or her again." I said, regretting the words that just came out of my mouth. "You dont have to, because this time i wont get hurt. Amber will be my shoulder to lean on! I dont need you!" He yelled getting up and running out of my door. I sat there still processing what happened. When it hit me like a brick wall.

I just lost my bestfriend!

I stared out my window, looking out at Hunter's house and started crying harder.

Hunter's bedroom window was right across from mine. When we were younger, we would open our windows and talked to eachother through them. I miss those times.

As I watched out my window, I saw Hunter enter his room and sit down on his bed. He ran his fingers through is dirty blonde hair. I then saw a tear fall down his cheek. What have I done?!

I kept staring out at him. I probably seemed like a creeper... Oh well. Suddenly, Hunter looked over to my window. We made eye contact. I closed my window and shades and went back over to my bed, softly crying into my pillow.