Chapter 74

"Move over!" Matt said, pushing me over on the sofa in the tour bus.

I rolled my eyes. "It's a long ride to New York. I think I deserve to be comfortable!" And with that, I lifted my feet ontop of him.

He groaned. "You're the one who chose to come!" And he pushed my legs off.

I huffed and crossed my arms just as Hunter walks out and chuckles.

"What is she pouting about now?" He asked, winking at me.

I looked up at him. "Matt's being a meanie!"

Hunter's smile grew as he sat down at the table. He shook his head. "You are something else!"

I smiled at him, then turned to the television. It was announcing Hunter's last concert on this tour tomorrow.

He looked over at me and smiled. "I'm going to miss this." He said.

I shook my head. "This isn't permanently your last concert Hunter. Trust me, you have plenty left! And plus, we get to go home!"

He nodded his head fast. "Yes! I can't wait to taste momma's cooking again!"

"Me either!" I said. Thinking about Lynette's cooking made my stomach grumble.

I got up and began searching the cabinets for food. I grabbed a bag of Doritios and a bottle of water and took my spot next to Matt again.

Matt 'nonchalantly' reached over and and snatched a chip out of the bag.

"You have a lot of nerve kid!" I said ripping it out of his hand again. I'm not that mean of a person! But when it comes to food, that's a completely different story. I like my food.

"Woah! Shots fired!" He said, holding his arms above his head in surrender.

"Don't touch my food!" I said, shoving a chip into my mouth.

"Sounds like a plan!" He said with a thumbs up.

"Good." I smiled and went back to my chips.

"How long until we reach New York?" Hunter asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "About 5 hours."

He groaned. "The end of this cant come any sooner!"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Hunter, I know you are excited about getting home but don't act like you hate being on tour. Once this your is over you won't be performing as much as usual."

He thought for a second. "Yeah, I guess I never thought of it that way. I was too busy thinking about going home than remembering that this is what I love to do."

I smiled getting up out of my seat and walking over to where he was sitting. I sat next to him, took his arm and wrapped it around me. I snuggled into his side.

He smiled down at me. "Thank you, and I'm sorry." He said.

I smiled back, not saying anything in return. Just snuggling closer into his arm.

XXXXXX

"Wake up." Hunter said, shaking me a little.

I opened my eyes. "When did I fall asleep?"

He chuckled. "Don't ask me. Anyways, we are in New York!"

My eyes widened and I hopped right up out of my seat.

I ran to the back to grab my bags, but noticed they aren't back there.

"Looking for your bags?" Hunter asked me, walking up behind me.

I nodded my head.

"We already unpacked them while you were still sleeping."

Without responding, I run outside of the bus. I am so excited to see what New York looks like.

Once I get out, I look around at all of my surroundings. A huge smile spread across my face as I see all of the tall buildings around me.

"Are you ready?" Hunter asked me, nodding towards the hotel.

"Yeah." I said, not taking my eye off of the magnificence of this city.