Chapter 19

-Shelby's POV- (Tuesday)

"Shelby, WAKE UP!! TODAYS THE DAY!" I quickly opened my eyes to find Hunter over my head, screaming in my face. Today's the day for what? Oh Yea!!

"OH MY GOSH!!!!" I screamed back to him. He laughed, and so did I.

"Go get dressed so I can take ya to school!" He told me. I rolled my eyes as I slowly sat up in bed. "Hurry!" Hunter said gripping onto my wrist and pulling my up off of my bed.

"Well, someone's in a hurry this morning!" I said walking over to my closet and grabbing clothes out of it.

"Yes I am, now hurry!" He said sitting on my bed. I stood there staring at him. "What?"

"I need to get dressed."

"Oh, sorry." He got up off of my bed and walked out of my room closing the door behind him. I shook my head, and went to get dressed.

A few minutes later, I was downstairs and ready for the day.

"Bye mom!" I yelled to her.

"Bye sweetie, have a great day!!" She yelled back to me. I opened my front door after grabbing my jacket and walked out into the crisp morning air.

"Get in the car!" Hunter said. I laughed and walked into the car. He quickly turned the radio on before turning the engine on and driving to school.

After a few minutes of listening to the music around us I decided to break the silence between us.

"So, why did you practically yank me out of bed this morning? I was having a really good dream and I would've liked to-"

"Shhhhhhhhhhh!" Hunter said cutting me off. I gave him a look, but then quickly taking it back when I heard the familiar tune come on the radio.

Hunter's beautiful voice filled the car, causing our mouths to drop in total excitement and disbelief. A smile spread across our faces as we listened closely as if, this wasn't happening right now.

My bestfriend in the world is on the radio! Who would've ever thought? Oh thats right, ME! I just wanna scream in excitement. So that's what I did. Right after the song finished.

"That was the one and only, not to mention new country artist Hunter Hayes' new single 'Wanted'!" The radio announcer said.

"AHHHHH! HUNTER, YOU WERE JUST ON THE FREAKING RADIO!!! I'M SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU, AND I CANT FREAKING BELIEVE IT!!!!" I screamed.

"I CANT EITHER! THIS IS AMAZING!" He screamed back.

We calmed down after a minute. "Sooo, how does it feel to hear your own voice on the radio?" I asked.

"You have no idea how weird it is. But I must say. It's amazing!" He said, causing me to smile.

"Well duhhhhh it's amazing! I cant believe it Hunt! You were on the radio!"

"I cant believe it either!" Hunter said, pulling into the school parking lot.

Hunter ran over to my side and opened my door. After he closed my door, I reached up and threw my arms around his shoulders. He smiled and hugged me back. After a few moments, we pulled away and started walking towards the school.

"Hunter, I'm really proud of you." I said as we reached the front doors to the school.

"Thanks Shelbs." He said opening the doors.

"Dude, I heard you on the radio!" Cameron said coming up to us.

Hunter laughed. "I know! Gosh, that was amazing!"

"We turned the radio on once we got to school, and everybody crowded around our table. So practically everybody heard it. You sounded amazing man!" Cameron said. Hunter's eyes widened, along with mine.

"Wait, everybody heard it?" Hunter asked, worried.

"Yea."

"Dang! I wanted to tell people about the record deal before they heard the song."

"Oh. Sorry dude. But, hey, everybody liked it, in fact everybody loved it. They all said it was amazing."

Hunter's smile returned to his face. "Ok, that's good."

I left Hunter there to talk to Cameron, and I headed to my locker. Once I got there I noticed a bunch of people crowding around my locker. I pushed through and was met by Alexis.

"Hey, why is everybody over here?" I asked.

"I have no idea. I guess it's because everybody heard Hunter....by the way, WOW! He sounded amazing!" Alexis answered.

I laughed. "Yea, I know! And why would they be crowding my locker if they heard Hunter?"

"I dont know!" I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you guys crowding my locker?" I yelled over all the noise.

"We thought Hunter would be with you. We wanted to tell him congrats! He sounded great! I didnt know he had a record deal!" One girl yelled from the crowd.

"Yea, he's had a record deal for a while now. We just didnt want anybody to know. And, no he's not with me."

Everybody groaned and began walking away from my locker. I sighed of relief knowing everybody was gone.

"Soooo, I heard Hunter on the radio this morning..." I groaned and turned to be face to face with the one person I dont want to see. Amber.

"Yea, that's good." I said, opening my locker.

"Yea, it is. Because, I bet that, that song was made for me while we were dating."

I rolled my eyes and decided not to answer her.

"Speak to me when I talk to you!" She yelled.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want you to stay away from Hunter. Now that he is going to be famous I want him even more! He can make me famous!"

"So you just want to use Hunter?!" I yelled.

"Yea! You understand now! Good job! Just stay out of my way." She bumped me with her shoulder as she walked away. This girl really knows how to tick me off.

What is her problem? She thinks that she can just use Hunter? No! That's not going to happen. Nobody treats my bestfriend like that. Ecspecially her. Why cant she just stay away from Hunter and I? Ugh!!