Chapter 25

-Hunter's POV-

I ran up the stairs and into Shelby's bedroom.

She was sitting on the floor, head in hands, and crying really hard. That sight made me want to break down crying.

I walked over to the center of the floor where she is and sat down next to her. I also began to rub her back.

"Shhhh, Shelby, it's going to be ok." I tried to calm her.

"No! No it's n-n-not! This is w-what I g-get for tru-sting someone who's n-not you." Shelby said between sobs. I pulled her head into my shoulder and she began crying even harder into my shoulder, soaking my shirt.

"Don't worry..I trusted her with you. I don't know why I did, it just seemed like she was being sincere so I was like 'why not.' Oh my god, I'm an idiot."

"N-no Hunter, you're n-not. It w-was m-my fault. I t-trusted someone who has h-hurt me s-so m-much." She sobbed.

Shelby has been hurt so much! And when she let the one person that has hurt her in her life again, she goes and breaks her heart. Poor Shelby.

Shelby's crying became light.

"Uh, Shelby...can I ask you something." Shelby nodded into my shoulder. "What happend last night?"

Shelby stiffened before sitting up and answering. "I was pushing through people in the kitchen, trying to get my water, when that dude that Amber was kissing stopped me and asked me if he could get me a beer. I said no, and tried to push past him, but he stepped infront of me again and said 'playing hard to get, I like that.' so I turned around and started to walk out of the kitchen. I made it out and began walking towards our group and Ashton, that dude, caught up with me. I was able to get to the middle of the room with him grasping onto my wrist really tight, until we stopped. He grabbed my face and he..." She stopped talk while a tear ran down her face.

"And he what?" I urged her to tell me.

"And he-he kissed me." I clenched my fists as she continued. "Amber walked up and started screaming at me. She said I keep taking everybody from her, you now Ashton. Then she punched me." She started crying again. "Ashton told her that I kissed him."

I wrapped her in my arms again. "Shelby, dont let this make you not be able to trust anybody. I dont care if you dont trust Amber and that Ashton jerk, but your other friends need you. I need you." I whispered the last part. I'm pretty sure she didnt hear me because she didnt do anything.

"I wont. I cant loose you guys. I love yawl too much." She smiled.

"And we love you too. Especially me!" I said the last part loud. Shelby began to blush.

"I love you too Hunter." She smiled.

Her smile is so beautiful. It brightens my mood at anytime. Her smile makes me want to pull her in and kiss her lips so much, and just keep her there.

"Wait here." I told her, getting up and going to the corner of her room and grabbed her guitar. Then I walked back over to where Shelby is and sat back down next to her.

I placed the guitar in my lap and began strumming the chords. Shelby smiled and put her head on my shoulder.

"Cause I wanna wrap you up,

Wanna kiss your lips

I, I wanna make you feel wanted

And I wanna call you mine

Wanna hold your hand forever

And never let you forget it.

Cause baby I, I wanna make you feel wanted."