Chapter 45

-Hunter's POV (A week and a half later)-

I'm out shopping for Shelby's present right now, and I seriously have no clue what to get her. I have been to every store in this mall and cant find a thing to get her.

I have asked sales associates and when they show me stuff, I know it isn't good enough for Shelby. Nothing is!

Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I walked out of the mall defeated.

RING RING!!!!

I picked up my phone, and shoved it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Hunter! I have some news!" Dann's voice rang through the phone.

"Annnnd, what is that?" I asked.

"Well, I think that this is too exciting to say over the phone, so I think you should come here in person!" Dann told me.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Okay, I will be there in about thirty minutes."

He hung up, so I hopped in the car and drove away.

XXXXXX

"Soooo, what's the good news?" I asked Dann, sitting in a comfy soffa that is placed on a wall in the studio.

Dann handed me a cup of coffee-which I gladly accepted- then began the conversation.

"Well, your new manager booked you your own tour!" Dann yelled.

The coffee cup dropped to the floor and shattered.

"What?!" I screamed.

"You heard me! It is called the 'Most Wanted' tour!"

"Wow! This is incredible! When am I leaving?" I asked, practically jumping off of the walls.

"That's the thing. You leave on the 28th. I know it's soon, but-"

"Wait, the 28th?" My smile faded and I became slightly less excited. "But, that's Shelby's birthday."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's her 18th birthday to be exact! I cant miss it! It is her big birthday!"

"I think she will understand."

My face dropped and I mumbled, "I sure hope so."

"Anyways! You're flight leaves at 9:36 pm."

That's funny! Shelby was born at 9:34 pm.

"Okay." I told him, standing up, and walking to the door.

XXXXXX

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!!!

"Hello? Oh hey Hunter! Whats up?" Shelby's voice said as she opened the door to her bedroom.

"Uh, can we talk?" I asked.

Shelby's facial expression showed that she was slightly worried. "Uh, yeah. Sure."

I nodded my head as I walked into her bedroom.

"Okay, sooo. I have some good and some bad news. Which one would you like to hear first." I asked her.

Shelby sighed before answering. "Hit me with the bad news first."

"Well too bad, I'm telling you the good news first!" I told her.

She rolled her eyes. "Then why did you guess me the choice?!"

"I dont know! I wanted to sound nicer and give you a choice!" I told her.

"But you didnt give me a-"

I cut her off. "Okay. Can I just deliver my news?" I asked her, hoping she wouldn't keep fight with me. I really hate fight with her, even if its just a small little disagreement.

Shelby nodded her head, telling me to continue. "Okay, well the good new is, is that my new manager booked me on a tour!" I said excitedly.

"OH MY GOD!!! WHO'S?!" Shelby asked.

I laughed. "MINE!" I yelled back to her.

Shelby's mouth practically hit the floor. Once she regained her ability to move, she screamed so loud that my ears practically began to throb.

"HUNTER, I'M SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU!!!!!"

I smiled. "Thank you! The tour is called 'The Most Wanted Tour'" I told her.

She smiled, but after a little while, her smile dropped. "Wait, what's the bad news?"

I sighed. "I'm leaving on the 28th."

Shelby didnt say anything, just stared at me blankly. Her face showed a lot of emotions that I was well aware of. Pain, sadness, surprised. Her face told me more than she ever could.

"What time?" She asked after a little while. Though, her voice was really soft and shaky.

"My plane leaves at 9:36..."

She looked down and I could see tears filling her eyes. I understand though. She isn't being over dramatic! How would you feel if your bestfriend was leaving to go do something for himself on your 18th birthday. It's selfish of me to go.

I draped my arms around her shoulders, pulling her tight against my body.

"I'm so sorry Shelby. I mean, it is your 18th birthday, and I swore to you that I would be there no matter what. And being that I'm leaving two minutes after your actual birth time. Shelby, I'm so sorry, words cant explain how sorry I am."

Usually at 9:34 (Shelby's birth time) Shelby and I go out to the lake and talk. I usually bring some sprite and chips for us, and then I give her my present or presents.

Shelby sniffed, meaning she was crying. "Hunter, it's okay. It's not like you picked the time to leave, and it's not like it is my birth time! It's 2 whole minutes after! We still have the rest of the day to spend together. It's okay!" She told me, smiling a smile that didnt quite reach her eyes.

I sighed. "I love you, Shelby."

Her smile reached her eyes after that statement, and she pulled me closer to her, if that is even possible.

"I love you too, Hunter."