Chapter 46

-Shelby's POV-

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Shelby! Happy Birthday to you!!!!"

"Shut up!" I groaned, throwing a pillow at the person.

"Well that wasn't very nice of you!" Hunter said throwing the pillow back at me.

I laughed as I slowly sat up. "What time is it?" I asked him yawning.

"Ummmmm," He says picking up his phone to check. "It is 7:06."

My mouth dropped. "What tha? Hunter, you seriously woke me up this early?! Why couldn't you have waken me up at atleast 9?!"

"Because I wanted to spend all the time I can with you!" He said, matter-of-factly.

"Okay!" I groaned, throwing my blanket off of me and walking over to my closet to pick out my clothes for the day.

I decided on a pair of cut offs and a loose white tank top that has little sparkles here and there. Then I paired it with my boots!

I walked into my bathroom, washing my face and brushing my teeth quickly. Then I grabbed my brush and straightener and began on my hair. After I finished my hair, I applied a very little amount of makeup.

I walked back into my room when I was done, and Hunter was just sitting there, staring at my wall while fiddling with his fingers.

"Hey Hunt. Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yea. I guess I just cant believe I am leaving you on your birthday." He said.

I smiled a smile that did not quite reach my eyes.

"Hunter, it's okay. I mean, it's you're own tour for god sakes!"

I must say, I am very upset that I wont spend this birthday like I have every other for the past years. We actually found the lake on one of my earlier birthdays when we went out exploring. We sat down near the edge of the lake, and Hunter checked the time on his kiddie watch, telling us that it was 9:34 pm. The time that I was born.

So every year, we make sure that we get there at 9:34. Its a tradition. But I guess it stops this year.

Hunter smiles half heartedly, before reaching for my hand and pulling me out of the door.

"But, even though I'm leaving, this birthday will still be one of the bests that you will ever have!"

I laughed as he flung me over his shoulder and ran down the stairs to my front door. He wiggled the door handle until it opened, then began walking out the door and over to his car.

He set me back down so I was on my feet, and opened the door for me.

I smiled as I got in and buckled up. Hunter took my hand in his as he began down the road. The warmth from his hand sent tingles up my arms.

"So, where are we going?" I asked him.

"To get you a caramel Frappicino!"

"Yay!" I yelled.

Hunter and I both laughed, and he soon pulled into the parking lot of Starbucks.

"So, what all are we going to do today?" I asked Hunter as we sat down at the corner booth.

"Thats for me to know, and you to figure out later!" Hunter said with a wink.

I rolled my eyes. "Buuut it's my birthday! You HAVE to tell me!" I said giving him my best puppy dog look.

"Dont even try the puppy dog look with me! I have became immune to that face." Hunter said.

I rolled my eyes. "Please!" I asked him.